+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5
FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Trade Challenge #1

And in news just to hand Dwight is supposed to go to Brooklyn to team with Deron Williams!

But wait, there's some speculation Dwight is going to sign with New Orleans and team with Chris Paul!

Maybe he leaves LA, maybe he doesn't but speculation is worth as much as a hand full of shit!
    Rise like Lions after slumber,
    In unvanquishable number -
    Shake your chains to earth like dew
    Which in sleep had fallen on you -
    Ye are many - they are few.

Quote Originally Posted by Pharaoh View Post
    And in news just to hand Dwight is supposed to go to Brooklyn to team with Deron Williams!

But wait, there's some speculation Dwight is going to sign with New Orleans and team with Chris Paul!

Maybe he leaves LA, maybe he doesn't but speculation is worth as much as a hand full of shit!
    so teams don't cater towards that idea?
    right... nobody was clearing house and trying to lure LeBron, and that could NEVER happen again right?
    k

What?

Of course teams "cater towards the idea" but I seriously doubt the Hawks are thinking "Dwight Howard or bust"

They're hoping for it but if it doesn't happen they'll move on. You can't put all your eggs in one basket - a basket you don't have and one the Lakers do!

Fuckers can clean house for any "superstar"... but surely you're not fool enough to think they don't have a plan in place in the event Plan A doesn't happen? And if they don't have a plan in place or some idea of what to do if Dwight opts to stay in LA then they're dumber than I thought

What?

Of course teams "cater towards the idea" but I seriously doubt the Hawks are thinking "Dwight Howard or bust"

They're hoping for it but if it doesn't happen they'll move on. You can't put all your eggs in one basket - a basket you don't have and one the Lakers do!

Fuckers can clean house for any "superstar"... but surely you're not fool enough to think they don't have a plan in place in the event Plan A doesn't happen? And if they don't have a plan in place or some idea of what to do if Dwight opts to stay in LA then they're dumber than I thought
    so plan a = howard
    plan b (that actually prevents plan a from even being a possibility) = stuckey.

lol. sure dude.
    k

Ummm are you that fucking retarded or does it just seem that way?

Did I say the Hawks Plan B was Stuckey?

You can claim the Hawks wouldn't take Stuckey for Harris because it fucks up their plan to get Dwight...

I can claim that the Hawks are not retarded and would offer Horford to the Lakers as part of a package that nets them Dwight in a sign and trade.

You can then claim that Dwight would leave money on the table and sign with the Hawks because of Josh Smith

I could then claim that Howard going to Atlanta is just as likely to happen as any trade proposed in this challenge...

and then you would say lol - suck a bag of dicks

and then I would once again point out that Calderon averages 25 minutes a game, and that means Lory plays only 23 minutes per or you were/are wrong.

FFS you're a clown.

lol, you're funny.

horford 4 dwight, lol. yeah, as if that's a possibility. maybe we should trade knight for an extended CP3 while we're at it. I'm sure atlanta is thinking that's likely.
    face it, there's no real explanation for why atlanta would do that trade. in addition to fucking over their dwight dream, it doesn't fucking help them for. Harris is better than Stuckey. there's no amount of twisted illogical bullshit you can throw out that'll change that.
    basically, your deal is 'hey, you know that shitty guy you guys just got because he is an expiring contract? How about you trade him for an equally shitty, if not shittier, player who isn't expiring?'
    k

Calderon isn't good for more than spot minutes behind Lowry? Really? Dude plays approx 25 minutes off the bench. Now either Lowry plays 23 minutes per game or you're wrong.
    i didn't think you'd attempt to make this an issue, but i guess you are. apparently the word 'good' isn't in your vocabulary. if someone is playing, that doesn't mean they're good. it means they're on the court, in Calderon's case he's on the court forcing lowry out of position. That isn't 'good' by my definition, but feel free to share yours.
    k

Regarding Calderon: Is he better than you or me? Hell Yes! Is he better than CP3 and Rondo? No! But there's a huge fucking abyss in the middle and I'm not gonna go off half-cocked like some so define what you mean when you say "good" then we might have a discussion of Calderon's goodness

As for my Stuckey/Harris trade - it's just as likely to happen as Dwight Howard signing with Atlanta! It's up to you to prove otherwise

And holy shit dude! You lost! Get over it

Regarding Calderon: Is he better than you or me? Hell Yes! Is he better than CP3 and Rondo? No! But there's a huge fucking abyss in the middle and I'm not gonna go off half-cocked like some so define what you mean when you say "good" then we might have a discussion of Calderon's goodness
    good means has a positive impact on his team. It's quite simple and literal as to what the actual definition of 'good' is. Look it up if you don't believe me. In this instance it's essentially synonymous with with the word suitable.

As for my Stuckey/Harris trade - it's just as likely to happen as Dwight Howard signing with Atlanta! It's up to you to prove otherwise
    What? So you can just say any old kind of stupid shit and it's correct until I can find a way to show you it's wrong and have you acknowledge that? That's fucking crazy. Your father is going to get a sex change. You might disagree but it's just as likely as you being a fan of the Pistons in 2014 (because I said so). It's up to you to prove me otherwise.

Stuckey for Harris shit is just something you pulled out of your ass. I didn't pull the Howard idea out of my ass though. That's been widely rumored as the real reason behind the Hawks trading for a shitload of expiring contracts.
    http://www.hoopsworld.com/nba-pm-how...ends-on-hawks/
    http://www.thebiglead.com/index.php/...ard-impressed/
    http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...of-team/page/5
    http://dimemag.com/2012/08/hawks-wan...a-great-tutor/

See?

And holy shit dude! You lost! Get over it
    LOL. You're taking your W a little too seriously. Silly addlepated simpleton, it's not about retroactively winning the trade challenge. It's about exposing you as foolish.
    k

Umm, how can I prove my Dad isn't gonna get a sex change?

Simple: He died on the 6th of July this year! His estate is in probate and we've been told it will be finalised in approx 5 weeks

Now all you've got to do is prove that Howard signing with Atlanta is more likely than them trading for Stuckey.

It's not that hard, dude. Go check out how much cap space they'd have with Harris, then check out how much they'd have with Stuckey, see if a sign and trade with Horford could work under the salary cap rules...

BOOM! Go hard youngblood, do some work for a change to prove your case. Any clown can type stuff and appear funny, "tough" or stupid. See how stupid that sex change bit makes you look now? Kinda hard to get a sex change when he's dead!

And of course it's rumoured Howard will sign with the Hawks! Seriously, are you retarded? He was rumoured to be staying in Orlando at one point. Then rumoured to be going to New Orleans. Then rumoured to be signing with Brooklyn. There are rumours he'll sign with Dallas! And obviously there are rumours he'll stay in LA....

What makes you Atlanta scenario more or less likely than the Brooklyn rumours? Or more or less likely than the New Orleans rumours?

Of course they acquired expiring contracts in an effort to clear enough space for Dwight. They're not the only team to make moves to get/keep Dwight in the last 3 seasons. So again - why should anyone believe the Atlanta scenario more or less likely than all the ones that came before?

It's not more likely! It's really that simple. No one here has a fucking clue where Dwight will sign, no one knows.

The same way you can't know for sure that any of the trades we propose on here will or won't happen! No one knows!

But keep going dude - I believe Mark Twain said you should never argue with a fool because onlookers might not be able to tell the difference. My replies to you make me look foolish... maybe... but I'm happy to keep going and see if you can actually prove anything.

+ Reply to Thread