+ Reply to Thread

Thread: GSW/DET = Goodbye Stuckey....

GSW/DET = Goodbye Stuckey....

We trade Rodney Stuckey (2 years $8.5 mil) and Jonas Jerebko (3 years $4.5 mil)

We get Klay Thompson (3 years $2.2 mil) and Richard Jefferson (2 years $10.1 mil)

Jefferson is only play 17 minutes per game for the Warriors.. they have Harrison Barnes at SF.

They become: Bogut, Lee, Barnes, Stuckey, Curry... the shooting abilities of the other starters compliment Stuckey. Curry has injury issues so Stuckey provides some insurance...

Jonas would add a lot to their bench too...

I realise the Warriors traded Ellis... but I believe there were other issues at play and it wasn't because he didn't compliment Curry

For us... we get Klay Thompson!

Drummond, Monroe, Prince/Singler, Thompson, Knight... Thompson compliments our bigs extremely well

IMO we're trading Jonas for Thompson - with 2 shitty pieces involved that are no longer required at their current locations

Maybe the Warriors tell Joe to get fucked? Maybe they agree? IMO it's worth a phone call
    Rise like Lions after slumber,
    In unvanquishable number -
    Shake your chains to earth like dew
    Which in sleep had fallen on you -
    Ye are many - they are few.

I read the title and was SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO amped...only to see its in FWT Forum. WAH!

Sorry to go OT on you, P.
    Players meeting my ASS!

Gordon, Villa, RIP,Stuckey-who needs defense anyway?
    GSW values Thompson very highly, its like the Pistons would give up Knight in his 2nd year, not gonna happen, but i agree, any SG we add to this roster has to be a good 3 point shooter, Singler should play at SF once Tay is gone hopefully

I'm sure they do value Klay Thompson - quality player on a cheap contract

That's the drama Joe is facing: any SG worth getting is going to cost quite a bit... do we have the assets to make it happen?

Long term I believe we need to ditch Stuckey and Tayshaun (plus our expirings) By keeping those guys on the roster we cling to the past and IMO the last 5 years are years I don't want to cling to.

Time to break the cycle and move forward to a better and brighter future
    Rise like Lions after slumber,
    In unvanquishable number -
    Shake your chains to earth like dew
    Which in sleep had fallen on you -
    Ye are many - they are few.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Pharaoh View Post
    I'm sure they do value Klay Thompson - quality player on a cheap contract

That's the drama Joe is facing: any SG worth getting is going to cost quite a bit... do we have the assets to make it happen?

Long term I believe we need to ditch Stuckey and Tayshaun (plus our expirings) By keeping those guys on the roster we cling to the past and IMO the last 5 years are years I don't want to cling to.

Time to break the cycle and move forward to a better and brighter future
    The word of The Lord.
    Find a new slant.

+ Reply to Thread