+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3
FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: @6ers

I know it's only one game but

We need to move on from the Stuckey Era (error)

At the time he was drafted we could really use someone with his skills - a combo guard off the bench that could slash into the lane. At the time he was drafted we had the shooters to compliment him coming off the bench and playing 20-30 minutes per night

With Big Ben, Sheed, Prince, Rip, Billups, Dice... Stuckey looks pretty damn good! You mix and match and develop him alongside quality veterans that can execute and organise the offense. If Stuckey ever got too out of control or in over his head we had the talent to pull him into line or to sit him down.

As time has passed and that team fell apart (was torn apart) Stuckey's limitations were exposed. He's never been capable of being the #1 player on a team, or even the #2. He's a #3 at his very best. For the last few seasons we've expected him to shoulder too much of the load, carry too much of the burden simply because we didn't have the horses...

Now we've got the horses! They are young and they will improve but in order to do that we need to move on from Stuckey. He simply doesn't fit here anymore - at least as a starter.

I'm on record regarding Tayshaun... but that's more to do with his trade value/lack of leadership than his talent. But at least his talent and skillset compliment Knight, Monroe and Drummond. Stuckey's do not.

Simply by being on the floor we are a less effective team with Rodney Stuckey in the game!

His inabiity to connect from long range at a reasonable clip consistently seriously impacts our bigs in the paint and our ability to penetrate. His tendency to dominate the ball and then put his head down and drive the lane looking for a call has the ability to kill any offensive momentum we might have

No other member of the rotation harms our offense as much as Stuckey!

I know Joe gave him the keys to the kingdom... the kingdom fell apart around him. Now it's being rebuilt Stuckey needs to move on to "bigger and better things" IMO
    Rise like Lions after slumber,
    In unvanquishable number -
    Shake your chains to earth like dew
    Which in sleep had fallen on you -
    Ye are many - they are few.

I'm not exactly against trading him, but he's still a thousand times better than Bynum, and he's very willing to come off the bench.

Let's slow our roll just a little and see how he fares with the second team, which badly needs a willing passer handling the ball. Stuckey isn't a great shooter, but at least he will find the open man.

Do you honestly think Frank will bring Stuckey off the bench for a prolonged period of time?

And I do believe we have tried Stuckey as a PG... that idea was so successful we moved him to SG

IMO it's really simple: Stuckey's time has come and gone. There is no need to wait and see how anything goes. He needs to go.
    Rise like Lions after slumber,
    In unvanquishable number -
    Shake your chains to earth like dew
    Which in sleep had fallen on you -
    Ye are many - they are few.

Quote Originally Posted by Kstat View Post
    I'm not exactly against trading him, but he's still a thousand times better than Bynum, and he's very willing to come off the bench.

Let's slow our roll just a little and see how he fares with the second team, which badly needs a willing passer handling the ball. Stuckey isn't a great shooter, but at least he will find the open man.
    stuckey finds the open man? what the fuck are you smoking? he's a score first guard, just like bynum. unlike bynum he doesn't get nearly as many assists when he's on the floor. don't believe the hype, stuckey is garbage. bynum COULD'VE been nice but it's not relevant any more. I've been saying it for years now, the pistons will never be a good team with stuckey. am i wrong? the amount of talent you'd have to surround that motherfucker with is outrageous.
    k

Stuckey is 2nd on the team in assists and first in a/TO ratio. He doesn't turn it over much and he does have good court vision. These are facts.

Stuckey backing up knight theoretically would be ideal, since he isn't terrible defensively like Bynum and he actually has good passing skills despite not having a clue how to run an offense.
    Last edited by Kstat; 11-16-2012 at 08:59 AM.

Gordon, Villa, RIP,Stuckey-who needs defense anyway?
    Singler starts! Stuckey actually had to convince Frank to come of the bench, lmao! props to Stuckey, maybe he can excel as a 6th man, which i think he can do in the right situation

Monroe/Drummond
    Max/Jonas
    Prince/Maggs
    Singler/Stuckey
    Knight/Stuckey

no more Bynum please, we could actually use a good shoter like Middleton, English, Daye to complete the 2nd unit

Quote Originally Posted by Kstat View Post
    Stuckey is 2nd on the team in assists and first in a/TO ratio. He doesn't turn it over much and he does have good court vision. These are facts.

Stuckey backing up knight theoretically would be ideal, since he isn't terrible defensively like Bynum and he actually has good passing skills despite not having a clue how to run an offense.
    he has good court vision? LOL. You're fucking delusional. Show me a clip of him NOT squaring up to pass, and show me proof of him having ANY peripheral vision. I bet you'll be looking for quite awhile. Your bullshit stat doesn't mean shit. Stuck is the only other guard to ever touch the fucking ball, of course his numbers will reflect that. It's also pretty hard to turn the ball over when you always chuck a brick at the rim. THESE are facts (now my shit sounds authoritative too.)

Also, Stuckey sucks ass on defense. Stop kidding yourself. He isn't blocking, or stealing, or denying them the ball, or shutting his man down, so what is the magical defensive trait folks keep hyping up? Bynum can steal the ball, that's one defensive trait against no defensive traits, but they play different positions now anyways. I don't know why you're even bringing Bynum up, unless you're back to the retarded idea that Stuckey is a PG (Which evidently you are).
    k

Gordon, Villa, RIP,Stuckey-who needs defense anyway?
    Quote Originally Posted by Pharaoh View Post
    I know it's only one game but

We need to move on from the Stuckey Era (error)

At the time he was drafted we could really use someone with his skills - a combo guard off the bench that could slash into the lane. At the time he was drafted we had the shooters to compliment him coming off the bench and playing 20-30 minutes per night

With Big Ben, Sheed, Prince, Rip, Billups, Dice... Stuckey looks pretty damn good! You mix and match and develop him alongside quality veterans that can execute and organise the offense. If Stuckey ever got too out of control or in over his head we had the talent to pull him into line or to sit him down.

As time has passed and that team fell apart (was torn apart) Stuckey's limitations were exposed. He's never been capable of being the #1 player on a team, or even the #2. He's a #3 at his very best. For the last few seasons we've expected him to shoulder too much of the load, carry too much of the burden simply because we didn't have the horses...

Now we've got the horses! They are young and they will improve but in order to do that we need to move on from Stuckey. He simply doesn't fit here anymore - at least as a starter.

I'm on record regarding Tayshaun... but that's more to do with his trade value/lack of leadership than his talent. But at least his talent and skillset compliment Knight, Monroe and Drummond. Stuckey's do not.

Simply by being on the floor we are a less effective team with Rodney Stuckey in the game!

His inabiity to connect from long range at a reasonable clip consistently seriously impacts our bigs in the paint and our ability to penetrate. His tendency to dominate the ball and then put his head down and drive the lane looking for a call has the ability to kill any offensive momentum we might have

No other member of the rotation harms our offense as much as Stuckey!

I know Joe gave him the keys to the kingdom... the kingdom fell apart around him. Now it's being rebuilt Stuckey needs to move on to "bigger and better things" IMO
    agree, one more thing if you think Drummond/Monroe will be the future dominat Pistons frontcourt, you really, really need 3 other guys who are good 3 point shoters to spread the floor, Knight is one, Singler is another, but we need at least 2 or 3 new backcourt players who can do the same.

Mags and Stuck are going to get in a fist fight over who is going to chuck up bricks off the bench.
    k

Quote Originally Posted by Koolaid View Post
    he has good court vision? LOL. You're fucking delusional. Show me a clip of him NOT squaring up to pass, and show me proof of him having ANY peripheral vision. I bet you'll be looking for quite awhile. Your bullshit stat doesn't mean shit. Stuck is the only other guard to ever touch the fucking ball, of course his numbers will reflect that. It's also pretty hard to turn the ball over when you always chuck a brick at the rim. THESE are facts (now my shit sounds authoritative too.)

Also, Stuckey sucks ass on defense. Stop kidding yourself. He isn't blocking, or stealing, or denying them the ball, or shutting his man down, so what is the magical defensive trait folks keep hyping up? Bynum can steal the ball, that's one defensive trait against no defensive traits, but they play different positions now anyways. I don't know why you're even bringing Bynum up, unless you're back to the retarded idea that Stuckey is a PG (Which evidently you are).
    Stuckey isn't a point guard. He's still more of a PG than Bynum in every respect. He's also not a bad defender at all, which Bynum is.

You're just ranting in your illogical hatred of stuckey. He can play the 3rd guard role just fine. He has passing ability, as evidenced by people who actually watch him play. It doesn't make him a point guard, but to be effective in the 2nd unit, he doesn't have to be.

If you'd like a magical defensive stat to back up my argument, since common sense apparently isn't enough, Bynum is allowing a defensive PER of 20.2 Stuckey on the the other hand, has a defensive PER of 13.2.

Stuckey has never been gary Payton, but I'll settle for him not turning every teams backup PG into an all star like Bynum does.
    Last edited by Kstat; 11-16-2012 at 02:45 PM.

+ Reply to Thread