+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 12
FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: So long and thank you, Joe Dumars

IN MEMORY OF BIG VINNY 1943 – 1979 “WHEN IN DOUBT KNOCK EM OUT”
    Blog Entries
    Unless they're like 15 wins bad or so, I'd put Joe getting fired at about 30-1. He gets at least one more year.

I'm reppin' Jesus Christ and Conservative views....

Quick piece by VINNY which was a logo style of his. VINNY also did two letter throw up's by the name of FI 2.

GO WHITE!

Gordon, Villa, RIP,Stuckey-who needs defense anyway?
    I can't wait for the obligatory Pistons March/April winning streak ruining the top 3-5 draft position.
    Gores had the chance to fire Dumars, he didnt, he did give him another 3 years when he took over, next summer is gonna be huge, Dumars very last chance.

Blog Entries
    So when does the first win come?
    Find a new slant.

IN MEMORY OF BIG VINNY 1943 – 1979 “WHEN IN DOUBT KNOCK EM OUT”
    Blog Entries
    Orlando next Friday maybe? Could be awhile.

I'm reppin' Jesus Christ and Conservative views....

Quick piece by VINNY which was a logo style of his. VINNY also did two letter throw up's by the name of FI 2.

GO WHITE!

I hope this doesn't turn to a hate-a-thon on Joe. Not here at WTFD, but Pistons fans everywhere. He was too good of a player and 'an even better person' to go out like an idiot.

I hope he resigns for health reasons or some shit like that. Not that he has health issues but they make some shit up like that or something.
    Players meeting my ASS!

I'd like to see Joe make a big trade that rights the ship and sees us move up the standings...

we've got the expiring contracts to make a move, but lack the picks to include...

maybe at the deadline Singler, Jerebko and English have enough value to get something done?
    Rise like Lions after slumber,
    In unvanquishable number -
    Shake your chains to earth like dew
    Which in sleep had fallen on you -
    Ye are many - they are few.

This shitty season, so far anyway, has zero to do with Frank. But I do hope Frank starts Drummond at some point. Mainly cuz I don't have consistent viewing time to watch all of every game, or the interest. But if Dre were starting, I could tune in at the begining and watch that mofo or something.
    Players meeting my ASS!

I don't think you can give Frank a free pass.

At the end of the day he's supposed to get these guys prepared to play, gve them the game plan and ensure they execute it... so far no good.

Is the roster an All-Star team? No... but Drummond should start, English should be playing more minutes and we could argue that Singler either should start or get more minutes

Frank needs to pull his head outta his arse and start Drummond with Monroe
    Rise like Lions after slumber,
    In unvanquishable number -
    Shake your chains to earth like dew
    Which in sleep had fallen on you -
    Ye are many - they are few.

Blog Entries
    I won't blame Frank for that without knowing that he's not just following orders from the top about how they want Drummond used.
    Find a new slant.

As bad as this team is currently playing, they've been in a small handful of games at the end this season (minus being blasted by LA). I think if we had started out with a more favorable schedule, the team would be 2-4 games south of .500 ball. I think everyone, particularly Gores, probably realizes that the deck was stacked and this kind of start was very possible. That said, I imagine there is enormous pressure to win tonight in Houston, or at worst, at Philly next week. The future schedule has Orlando (twice), Toronto (a win, if they play anywhere near as well as they did OKC last night), NYK (long shot win, but possible), Memphis, and Phoenix. If the fellas can do something with the big homestand coming up -- heck, even go .500 or close -- the season isn't a train wreck quite yet. The team could reasonably be 5-8 (I think my math is correct, but if not, you get the basic idea) around Black Friday if they drop the obvious games they should lose and fight out the winnable ones. But yes, it looks really bad at the moment.

By the way, glad to see we're still kicking the can around this place. I was MIA most of last season -- too busy for basketball most nights -- but re-upped my League Pass for this season because I'm excited about the youth in the organization.

WE ARE ALL WITNESSES

+ Reply to Thread