+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2
FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Changes...

Gordon, Villa, RIP,Stuckey-who needs defense anyway?
    i too like Stuckey as a combo guard off the bench, but he is nothing more than that...unfortunately Knight seems to be the same type of player, the Pistons need a playmaker badly, Redick is a nice SG, but i dont think he would be a good fit with Knight...anyway this team needs some serious upgrade in the backcourt...you could argue the Pistons have one of the worst backcourts in the entire league right now...

since my favorit guy Harden is off the market, i would go after Jennings or Teague if Knight doesn't show big improvement in the playmaking/ PG part...at least these guys are established PGs with some upside...you still can trade Stuckey AND Knight if needed for a decent SG, i like Redick too...

maybe trade Stuckey for a guy like Wilson Chandler

Jennings(11 a year)/Knight
    Redick(8 a year)/Middleton
    Chandler/Singler
    Monroe/Jerebko
    Drummond/Slava

+ lottery pick
    - amnesty Charlie, buyout/trade Tay, let Max, Bynum, Daye, Maggs expire
    Last edited by Joe Asberry; 11-08-2012 at 08:19 PM.

I don't think we can get someone on Jennings level but wouldn't that be nice! Drummond, Monroe, Knight and Jennings... Singler would probably beat out Chandler for the starting SF spot
    Rise like Lions after slumber,
    In unvanquishable number -
    Shake your chains to earth like dew
    Which in sleep had fallen on you -
    Ye are many - they are few.

Devin Harris for Stuckey makes no sense at all for Atlanta. They want to make a big splash in free agency, that's why they traded for Harris's expiring contract. Now they are supposed trade him away for a shittier player on a longer contract? That'd be bonkers.
    k

NOT TO BE FUCKED WITH Uncle Mxy's Avatar
    At the moment, a bag of chips for Stuckey would be unfair to the bag of chips.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Mxy View Post
    At the moment, a bag of chips for Stuckey would be unfair to the bag of chips.
    true, but Stuckey's current slump aside I don't think he was ever considered as good as Harris. Was he?
    k

right now Atlanat have the following players on expiring deals:

Josh Smith, Devin Harris, Zaza Pachulia, Kyle Korver, Anthony Morrow, Johan Petro, Jeff Teague, DeShawn Stevenson (not fully guaranteed for 2013-14 or 2014-15), Ivan Johnson, Anthony Tolliver and Mike Scott (not fully guaranteed for 2013-14)

so, um, yeah... only Al Horford, Lou Williams and John Jenkins locked in for next season

Apparantly Stackey's contract is only partially guaranteed for 2013-14 anyway...for $4 million

So if the Hawks traded for Stuckey now they'd have a good long look at how he fit with Teague and Williams in the backcourt... and if it didn't work they could buy him out for $4 million

Assuming they bought him out AND brought back Stevenson AND Mike Scott they'd have approx $22.5 million committed for 2013-14. I used a salary cap of $56 million for us so why not for them? The Hawks would have $33.5 million in cap space after trading for Stuckey AND buying him out!

Keep him and that cap space goes down to $29.5 million... up to them which way they'd go...
    Rise like Lions after slumber,
    In unvanquishable number -
    Shake your chains to earth like dew
    Which in sleep had fallen on you -
    Ye are many - they are few.

+ Reply to Thread