+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2
1 2 LastLast

Thread: Changes...

Changes...

I must be bored again because I'm using the trade machine.. passing the time:

1 = Stuckey to Atlanta for Devin Harris. We clear more space to spend on players that compliment Drummond and Monroe next off-season

Hawks team Stuckey with Teague and Lou Williams in the backcourt and with Korver and Morrow around Stuckey's inability to shoot from deep doesn't kill Smith and Horford down low....

2 = Maxiell and Daye to Milwaukee for Drew Gooden and a future first round pick.... we give up $6.5 million of what would be cap space to take on a "bad" contract... but we likely get a Lotto pick out of the deal too

3 = Daye to Orlando for part of one of their trade exceptions and a 2nd round pick... plus we get to sign Terrence Williams. Interesting to note Hollinger's analysis states neither team's win percentage was effected by Daye moving teams

Ok... no longer bored...
    Rise like Lions after slumber,
    In unvanquishable number -
    Shake your chains to earth like dew
    Which in sleep had fallen on you -
    Ye are many - they are few.

NOT TO BE FUCKED WITH Uncle Mxy's Avatar
    Could Stuckey be worth less in trade?

I like the Drew Gooden trade idea, scary as that sounds.

IN MEMORY OF BIG VINNY 1943 – 1979 “WHEN IN DOUBT KNOCK EM OUT”
    Blog Entries
    How bad is his contract? I don't see them giving up the pick but I'd love it.

I'm reppin' Jesus Christ and Conservative views....

Quick piece by VINNY which was a logo style of his. VINNY also did two letter throw up's by the name of FI 2.

GO WHITE!

Gooden = $6,6887,400 per in 2012-13, 2013-14 and 2014-15...

I selected him because:

1 = Milwaukee have $41,938,772 committed to Monta Ellis (unlikely to use ETO @ $11 million), Ilyasova, Mbah a Moute, Udoh, Sanders, Henson, Harris and Lamb for 2013-14.

Assuming a $56 million cap they have $15 million in cap space with Gooden... if they let Maxiell and Daye walk they end up with $20+ million... consider that Jennings hasn't been extended yet... and every team would like more cap space - including us. Do they want it bad enough to offer a future first rounder? We did (BG for Maggette trade)

2) Milwaukee has the Hammond factor working for us. Taking a poor contract like Gooden off their hands would be a good move for Hammond as he clears some extra space. He buys time this season as he can claim they're auditioning Maxiell and Daye while also selling the hope of an "unknown player" acquired via free agency/cap space and all it cost him was some "unknown" player that cannot be named because the pick won't be used for a season or 2! It's an easy sell for Milwaukee.

3) Milwaukee has the small market factor working for us. How much money can they afford to tie up in poor contracts? Do they really want Gooden on the roster? They have Sanders, Udoh, Harris, Mbah a Moute, Ilyasova and Henson already on board... how many minutes in the front court will be avialable for Gooden?

NOTE: IF they can use the amnesty provision on Gooden the whole point of the trade is blown out of the water but assuming they can't (I can't recall) it would be an easy sell from the Bucks POV

For us we dump players we're going to dump anyway... again assuming a $56 million cap we'd have $42 million committed to Stuckey, Nova (amnesty awaits), Prince, Gooden, Jerebko, Monroe, Knight, Drummond, Slava, Singler, Middleton, English...

assuming we amnesty Nova we'd have $22 million in cap space and 12 guys on the roster PLUS our 2013 Draft choices... with a Milwaukee pick in our back pocket!

Of course if we didn't get Gooden we'd have $28 million in cap space.... but without the Bucks pick...

On the one hand you could say we're spending $19+ million for the Bucks pick... on the other you could say we're getting a future pick and a future expiring contract in exchange for dumping 2 players we don't need/want AND doing so doesn't effect anything next off-season... Win-win for us

I was bored and used the trade machine - doesn't mean I posted trades that I couldn't sell

I agree with all those moves. We will never compete again without lotto picks. Crappy teams in average cities in cold weather venues are not going to get marquee free agents. Get second tier free agents that can contribute with lotto picks. It is the only way to use our space and be competitive. Nice suggestions.

Also Stuckey has no trade value at all while he sucks like this.

Quote Originally Posted by BIG BEN'S FRO View Post
    Also Stuckey has no trade value at all while he sucks like this.
    Stuckey has always sucked and will continue to suck until he's out of the NBA which means by your calculation he will never have trade value. I agree with this. I cannot wait until he is no longer a piston.

Blog Entries
    The chickens have come home to roost.

Stuckey is a very poor man's Flip Murray.

Always has been.
    Find a new slant.

Quote Originally Posted by Gla View Post
    The chickens have come home to roost.

Stuckey is a very poor man's Flip Murray.

Always has been.
    Flip Murray is infinitely better than stuckey because he is less harmful and doesn't think he is the saviour/leader/best player on a team.

I have been anti-stuckey since before his draft day and proclaimed that afflalo would wind up being the better of the 2 picks right after the draft but I digress. Guys that can't shoot, jump and/or finish near the rim, also lose games in college and require the refs to make them productive players have no role in the NBA. I hate rodney stucky (the basketball player) and hope he finishes the season shooting under 20% like he currently is shooting. This team takes a tremendous leap forward the second he leaves. He seriously does not understand how to play good, winning basketball.

I haven't been that harsh on Stuckey but it's always been clear he'd be better coming off the bench as a 3rd guard. He is not a starting calibre PG and does not have the skills as a slasher or shooter to be a starting calibre SG.

That's not throwing shit on Stuckey - it's just the way it is. Dude didn't put the work in to improve his game and that's on him. Such is life

We're on the verge of what should be a bright future... built around Monroe and Drummond. Stuckey has got to go! His presence in the line-up seriously hurts our bigs... which seriously hurts our future. It's that simple.

I mentioned J.J Redick as an option - I'd rather pay him $8 million per season than Stuckey! I'm not joking! Any shooter would benefit our bigs more than Stuckey

Assuming we did get Devin Harris for Stuckey... could he be a reasonable 3rd guard for us? And would he re-sign at a reasonable price

+ Reply to Thread