+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3
1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Harden to Houston

Harden to Houston

A bit surprised they moved him so quickly but the Thunder landed Martin, Lamb and other "assets" in the deal

I'm interested to see just how good Harden will be as the #1 option... dude could put up monster numbers
    Rise like Lions after slumber,
    In unvanquishable number -
    Shake your chains to earth like dew
    Which in sleep had fallen on you -
    Ye are many - they are few.

Blog Entries
    My boy Cole Aldrich goin to Houston, too.
    Find a new slant.

Good move for OKC... it's all about keeping salary reasonable for the future... they had to make a cap move.

Some organisations talk about a youth movement... The Thunder fucking do it:

Ibaka, Jones, Durant, Lamb, Westbrook with a Raptors Lotto pick thrown in for good measure!

And let's not forget the Mavs pick included in the deal...

Sam Presti I salute you

Every lottery team talks about a youth movement. The thunder were fortunate enough to have a hall of fame talent fall into their laps in the draft.

Yes they hit home runs on three other picks, but it's not like their commitment to the draft is anything original.

Their commitment to the Draft might not be original but Presti has been hitting home runs regularly for a while now.

Yes it's easier when you have Durant and Westbrook on board but the OKC front office still have to do their jobs and make the right picks, trades, hires etc

I look at the Thunder and hope we can duplicate their success. Joe's done it before... some people seem to forget we had a damn near dominant decade!

BTW, after reading around and taking some time this deal might not be that great for the Thunder. Martin is an expiring - and they likely let him walk to reduce the payroll burden. That means they traded Harden for Lamb, the Raps Lotto pick and the Mavs pick

Was that the best they could do for Harden?

Houston did what any mediocre team tries to do: take a few assets and consolidate them into a "star" player. Can't fault Morley on the trade from that POV and considering the "prospects" Houston already have combining a few assets and landing Harden is an obvious choice

Houston overpaid. I like harden but that was the same package they offered for Howard and gasol and harden is neither of those guys.

Not to mention, you now have two guards that dribble the shit out if the ball. Not a good pairing.

NOT TO BE FUCKED WITH Uncle Mxy's Avatar
    I predict that James Harden won't be taking Houston to the next level.

I agree Lin + Harden is not a good fit but that's for Fantasy leagues and the Rockets' front office to work out :

And yeah they overpaid but that's not new

Asik and Lin got huge contracts, Harden will get the MAX but apparently the Rockets will have enough space to offer someone else the MAX next off-season!

Asik + Lin + Harden + ???.... they better be good or Houston will be stuck in mediocreville for a while

Blog Entries
    Good read:
    http://m.espn.go.com/nba/story?storyId=8563645

You'll like this, P.
    Find a new slant.

+ Reply to Thread