+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 17
FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17

Thread: Pistons Preseason 2012-2013

$6 million for redick is absurd. Simply a waste of money. I'd much rather keep English for 800K. He's a great shooter and a good defender to boot.

I believe I had a question mark after saying $6 million...

We need outside shooting... Redick is the most obvious free agent shooter!

If you want to go through the free agent pool and mention some names I'd be more than happy to read it
    Rise like Lions after slumber,
    In unvanquishable number -
    Shake your chains to earth like dew
    Which in sleep had fallen on you -
    Ye are many - they are few.

I don't know that we need more outside shooting yet. We have 3 rookies that can all shoot.

Well, we've got a season to find out if these rookies are capable. Redick was mentioned as a proven NBA player that we could look at as an option via free agency

As previously stated I haven't seen any pre-season games. Middleton, English and Singler could be outstanding prospects but as rookies as don't expect much and when we're discussing solutions to problems I'll go for someone I've seen over any I haven't.

I still beleive signing a high calibre big and a quality guard would really solidify the core we have right now. Having Tayshaun at SF isn't ideal but with I believe we have players under contract that can rotate through that position and do a job.

We need to strength other areas first IMO. Behind Stuckey and Knight we're lacking... and behind Monroe and Drummond we're lacking too.

Kstat - you've pointed out our drama at PF... if not Millsap who would you look to sign that would compliment Monroe and Dre?

Quote Originally Posted by Kstat View Post
    $6 million for redick is absurd. Simply a waste of money. I'd much rather keep English for 800K. He's a great shooter and a good defender to boot.
    On the money... gotta give my boy K.E. a chance... I'm tellin' N.E. 1 who will listen that this boy can flat out shoot.

so Kim English is a quality shooter - that's awesome.

Can anyone help me out here and provide a scouting report on The British Bombers (English and Middleton) + Singler?

Just want to get my head around how they play

Cause I'm going to "spend" $25 million on free agents I should know what our guys already under contract are capable of

Are Middleton, English and Singler legit long term solutions here? Could they play a role on a quality team?

English is an Afflalo clone, maybe without the handles. Rough defender that can shoot it spotting up or coming off of screens. He's the definition of a pure shooter. Downside is his handle is mediocre.

Middleton is a natural scorer. He fell in the draft because he played hurt last season and he shot poorly, but watching him this month you can see why he was drafted. Nice handle, fluid movements and one of the quickest, compact releases I've seen. His form is a very rare talent. Shoots equally well off the bounce or spotting up. Downside is he's a small forward in Rip's body and his defense isn't great.

Singler is made for the NBA. He's already won the backup SF job over Maggette and Jonas. He does everything well. He makes everyone else better because he has a great understanding of spacing the floor, and he makes quick decisions with the ball. He can shoot with range and also post up smaller players effectively. I think he could be our SF starter long term if we ever move stuckey for a higher volume scorer. If not, he makes for a fine backup.
    Last edited by Kstat; 10-28-2012 at 06:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pharaoh View Post
    Well, we've got a season to find out if these rookies are capable. Redick was mentioned as a proven NBA player that we could look at as an option via free agency

As previously stated I haven't seen any pre-season games. Middleton, English and Singler could be outstanding prospects but as rookies as don't expect much and when we're discussing solutions to problems I'll go for someone I've seen over any I haven't.

I still beleive signing a high calibre big and a quality guard would really solidify the core we have right now. Having Tayshaun at SF isn't ideal but with I believe we have players under contract that can rotate through that position and do a job.

We need to strength other areas first IMO. Behind Stuckey and Knight we're lacking... and behind Monroe and Drummond we're lacking too.

Kstat - you've pointed out our drama at PF... if not Millsap who would you look to sign that would compliment Monroe and Dre?
    Spot up shooters that don't do anything else are very easy to find. Even if our rookies don't produce, we don't need to shell out more than $3 million for one.

As I said before, milsapp is a perfect fit for this team, but I don't think he would agree to come here and be a backup unless we offered him a boozer type deal.

Chris Kaman would be a better bargain, IMO. He could play the James Edwards role for this team and stay healthier with fewer minutes.

David west and al Jefferson are also candidates, but both guys are in the same boat as milsapp as starters.

Boozer remains my #1 option if he's amnestied.

so essentially Kstat you believe at worst we've got 3 role players in English, Middleton and Singler... and you think Singler could be a long term starter at SF for us!

I hope you're right. Would certainly make next off-season a lot easier on Gores bank balance

+ Reply to Thread