+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 17
FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast

Thread: Pistons Preseason 2012-2013

Wondering if Bynum's ankle is all better.
    Players meeting my ASS!

Think it was his ankle.
    Players meeting my ASS!

That'd be nice if Singler can hit those step backs.
    Players meeting my ASS!

How long will it take for Frank/Joe to accept the Dre/Monroe starting tandem is the way to go?

All we have to do is pep the young fella up if he gets down, get him a dunk or something to get his juices flowing...

The Future Is Now
    Rise like Lions after slumber,
    In unvanquishable number -
    Shake your chains to earth like dew
    Which in sleep had fallen on you -
    Ye are many - they are few.

NOT TO BE FUCKED WITH Uncle Mxy's Avatar
    I'm kinda wondering about Slava as a starter alongside Monroe -- not as a long-term thing, mind you.
    He's got a learning curve, but he seems legit.

Here's my new breakdown based on Drummond proving himself.

Knight 32/Stuckey 8/Bynum 8
    Stuckey 24/Maggette 16/English 8
    Prince 32/Maggette 8/Singler 8
    Jerebko 24/Monroe 16/Maxiell 8
    Monroe 16/Drummond 24/Kravtsov 8

You really see a 7 man rotation of Knight 32/Stuckey 32/Prince 32/Monroe 32/Maggette 24/Jerebko 24/Drummond 24 with the bit players having their playing time fluctuate depending on matchups, back to back scheduling, injuries, hot/cold play, whatever. That looks like a 12 man rotation, but that's just the active roster. Villanueva, Daye, Middleton, all SOL.

I'd like to think that for 40 minutes, the center position is manned by Drummond or Monroe. For a decent amount of time they could even be on the floor together.

Nothing good has ever happened with jerebko playing the 4.

I think we can get away with playing one undersized guy at a power position when we have three other legitimate centers getting playing time. and, that's what'd have to happen if you wanted to play the best players. We're not talking about Daye or Tayshaun at the 4, here.
    I don't think we'd lose just because Jonas Jerebko played half the game at one spot on the floor.

Weve been getting away with paying maxiell, and he is plenty undersized.

Jerebko cannot defend the 4. He is terrible at it. At least maxiell has some bulk to fight for position. Jerebko is a huge liability defensively up front.

We started 4-20 last season with jerebko starting at the 4 and finished 21-21 with maxiell there. That says all you need to know about how unbelivably bad he was.

Jerebko started the first 13 games.
    Only David Lee (24>20). Jon Leuer (15>5), Carlos Boozer (23 and 19>15), and Amare Stoudemire (22>17.5) exceeded their season averages in the games that they started at PF against Jerebko. Besides Leuer, those guys are almost guaranteed to get their regardless of who is defending.
    I guess 82games says he had a worse PER at PF and his opponents had a better one, but it's not too significant.

I'd say more of the bad start had to do with a) lockout, b) new coach, c) rookie point guard, d) Jerebko's first significant playing time since missing a season due to injury...than just Jerebko being a shitty defender.

+ Reply to Thread