+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 16
FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Add Jonny Flynn to the Mix

Can Flynn be a long term back up PG for us? If he could be then it's worth giving him a legit shot

If Williams could be a long term role player for us then he's worth giving a spot to as well

We're not going to be a factor in 2012-13 - I doubt we can sniff the playoffs and even if we do we won't do any damage

So why persist with the old horses?

The time has come for Joe and his cronies to hand the team over to the young guys

Drummond
    Monroe/Jerebko/Maxiell
    Daye/Williams/Singler
    Stuckey/Middleton/English
    Knight/Flynn

Monroe moves to C whenever Maxiell or Jerebko are on the floor... Prince, Maggette, Nova, Bynum = thanks for coming, tell your story walking
    Rise like Lions after slumber,
    In unvanquishable number -
    Shake your chains to earth like dew
    Which in sleep had fallen on you -
    Ye are many - they are few.

A rotation:

Drummond 28/Monroe 20
    Monroe 14/Maxiell 20/Jerebko 14
    Williams 20/Jerebko 16/Daye 12
    Stuckey 32/Daye 16
    Knight 32/Flynn 16

9 man rotation of:

Drummond 28
    Monroe 34
    Maxiell 20
    Jerebko 30
    Williams 20
    Daye 28
    Stuckey 32
    Knight 32
    Flynn 16

Euro, Middleton and English make up the active 12.... Ideally we'd trade Prince, Nova, Maggette and Bynum for picks/expirings

If that 9-man rotation sucks then BOOM! We get a high Lotto pick to add to our young group

If that 9-man rotation exceeds all expectations then BOOM! We might actually be able to get a quality free agent to sign here with all our cap space

I still believe that acquiring picks and expirings (or soon to be expirings) is where it's at...

Quote Originally Posted by Pharaoh View Post
    A rotation:

Drummond 28/Monroe 20
    Monroe 14/Maxiell 20/Jerebko 14
    Williams 20/Jerebko 16/Daye 12
    Stuckey 32/Daye 16
    Knight 32/Flynn 16

9 man rotation of:

Drummond 28
    Monroe 34
    Maxiell 20
    Jerebko 30
    Williams 20
    Daye 28
    Stuckey 32
    Knight 32
    Flynn 16

Euro, Middleton and English make up the active 12.... Ideally we'd trade Prince, Nova, Maggette and Bynum for picks/expirings

If that 9-man rotation sucks then BOOM! We get a high Lotto pick to add to our young group

If that 9-man rotation exceeds all expectations then BOOM! We might actually be able to get a quality free agent to sign here with all our cap space

I still believe that acquiring picks and expirings (or soon to be expirings) is where it's at...
    Poor Kyle Singler. No love from Pharoah.

Gordon, Villa, RIP,Stuckey-who needs defense anyway?
    Williams and Flynn first have to proof they are worth a roster spot in training camp. But really even if they look really good, assuming there is no trade, who do you cut to add even one of them? Certainly not one of the rooks, and the guys with expiring contracts, could be worth more in a trade.

Still hoping for a trade, but i guess it has to happen before training camp start, way too many SF & PF on this roster.

I still dont understand the Middleton signing, he is SF no. 5 or 6 right now, he would have benefited more from a year or two in europe and opened up a roster spot right now for much needed guard.

This team still needs one vet. No more, no less. Not that I wouldn't trade tayshaun in the right deal, but he's still a steadying influence on an extremely young team.

I'd pack Austin daye's bags myself if Terrence Williams beat him out in camp. He's stolen enough money already. Singler is easily a better player as well.

I think it's going to be Flynn vs Bynum and williams vs Daye for the final 2 jobs.
    Last edited by Kstat; 09-25-2012 at 06:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kstat View Post
    This team still needs one vet. No more, no less. Not that I wouldn't trade tayshaun in the right deal, but he's still a steadying influence on an extremely young team.

I'd pack Austin daye's bags myself if Terrence Williams beat him out in camp. He's stolen enough money already. Singler is easily a better player as well.

I think it's going to be Flynn vs Bynum and williams vs Daye for the final 2 jobs.
    You know that's a hellova good point... someone needs to be the voice of experience from the players side... Tay does understand how to recognized situations... wonder if he'd be ok with 20 min p/game?

NOT TO BE FUCKED WITH Uncle Mxy's Avatar
    My spidey-sense says Jonny Flynn is a scrub at the NBA level.

We'll see...

A scrub he may be, and Williams could be in that boat too

All I'm saying is that relying on veteran talent to win 30-something games is pretty fucking useless. We'd be better off handing the team over to a bunch of kids and seeing what they can do.

Singler can take Daye's minutes... ship Tayshaun and Daye to Atlanta for Devin Harris... Tay can team with Horford and Smith in the Hawks frontcourt while Lou Williams, Teague, Morrow, Korver and Daye can shoot from outside.

Harris clears another contract off our books next summer... and if the kids did alright we might be able to attract a quality free agent!

And if the kids suck? We get to add another high Lotto pick to our team, while possibly using our cap space to help facilitate trades!

Win-win IMO

Historically, young nba teams have always grown faster with an important veteran regular.

Keeping tayshaun or an equivelant veteran is important not just to the team, but the young players individually.

How important is it dude?

How many more wins will Tayshaun get us? 4? 6? 10? Do you want the #5 pick or the #10 pick in the next Draft?

I'd happily shift him for an expiring contract or 2... lose the extra 10 games and get a better Draft pick and the possibility of a better free agent signing come July 2013

Whatever Tayshaun brings in leadership, experience, intangibles... sacrifice him for the greater good, for a much brighter future.

+ Reply to Thread