+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4
FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Afghanistan - Obama's War

Quote Originally Posted by mercury View Post
    From republican-candidates.org...
    Romney on Afghanistan

The Objectives
    "Gov. Romney indicated in an interview with ABC on July 29, 2012, that while he is supportive of President Barack Obama’s Sept 2014 troops withdrawal deadline, he disagrees with the plan to order 23,000 troops out of Afghanistan by Sept. 30. However, he admits that his position could change depending on the counsel of military commanders, while leaving open the possibility of keeping combat troops in Afghanistan beyond 2014 should conditions change.
    Well then you have a flat out pussy mother fucker for YOUR President if he bows down to a candidate from the other side. Reason #117 to end this fuckstick running this country on November ?? forgot the date of the election .

LMMFAO!
    Players meeting my ASS!

IN MEMORY OF BIG VINNY 1943 – 1979 “WHEN IN DOUBT KNOCK EM OUT”
    Blog Entries
    Think you got that one backwards. Read again maybe.

I'm reppin' Jesus Christ and Conservative views....

Quick piece by VINNY which was a logo style of his. VINNY also did two letter throw up's by the name of FI 2.

GO WHITE!

Quote Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
    Think you got that one backwards. Read again maybe.
    I said, "this is Odipshit's War" Merc said the "Repubs won't let Odumba' get out of Afgh or something. I said "{bullshit". He posted a quote from Romney supporting the war... ??????????????

Please help, you libs are so backwards, no one can really tell for sure what you are saying.
    Players meeting my ASS!

It used to be amazing to me how Mxy would correct every I that wasn't dotted by me and T that wasn't crossed by me, but he'd let flat out bullshit fly by libs on the board without correction and still he claimed to be 'somewhat independant' But not anymore.

So when peeps post shit that flat out isn't true by libs, I expected him to at least 'sway' his fellow liberal whackos back to truth. Didn't happen back then and still isn't today.

This boards Poli/Sci is seriously lol.
    Players meeting my ASS!

Let me get this right... you say it's Obamas war... yet your candidate is quoted as wanting to keep troups there longer.... alrighty then...
    Moonshine tonight?

Let me get this right... you say it's Obamas war... yet your candidate is quoted as wanting to keep troups there longer.... alrighty then...
    Moonshine tonight?
    I might be on moonshine but you are on crack.

Until you go read a lil bit or one of the libs on the board has the balls to set you straight (nvm on the last part, that won't happen) it's not worth replying to you.

I'll help a lil bit...do you even remember Odipshit saying we shouldn't have went into Iraq but fought Afghanistan instead during the 08 campaign vs McCain? He said something along the lines of "Afghanistan was the right war to fight" And when he took office, he increased troops in Afgh, iirc Try to get some of your shit together.

Look, there are/is plenty of shit to get at Repubs for, but your 'typical lib narrative' that no Dems ever get into war or want to continue a war, isn't working on me.

Put the crack pipe down, friend.
    Players meeting my ASS!

Moonshine tonight?

I wish you libs would ever just have the nads to own something...other than things that go right. LMAO. You immature lil fucks just find someone to blame if it doesn't go right, but take credit if things go right. Y'all are incredible.
    Players meeting my ASS!

Also, I'll out debate you with a 3 day glow.
    Players meeting my ASS!

NOT TO BE FUCKED WITH Uncle Mxy's Avatar
    Tahoe, Afghanistan is kinda personal to me, dating back to the Soviet invasion. I had family involved with that. I see this thread topic Afghanistan and a part of me thinks about spooky shit from 30 years ago and wish everyone the best of luck who has to go to that shithole.

As far as what mercury is saying -- I thought I corrected him when I said "It's not so much the Reps that won't let him leave Afghanistan." To expand on that... sure, some like McCain want to stay forever because that's how they roll. But extending the stay in Afghanistan was not on any big Republican leader's agenda (admittedly, Romney flip-flops so damn much that it's hard to tell). Check out this relatively recent article, for example:

http://thehill.com/blogs/defcon-hill...-drawdown-plan

Especially with bin Laden dead and no clear way to make Afghanistan useful to us (or to the Afghani people), this is turning into a losing issue. Most Republicans would rather focus on Iran, where they see more "bang for the buck".

So yeah, I agree with you on that point.

As far as this being "Obama's war", I know where you're coming from. Some of the peacenik crowd would hear Obama say we need to get out of Iraq and ignore the part about doubling down on Afghanistan. If Obama followed the polls, he'd have been out of there after 5 minutes after bin Laden was killed. For now, it's definitely Obama's war. I don't think history won't record it as any one President's war, though. Few people think of Vietnam as Nixon's war these days, as an example. I think Obama has the same problem that everyone else has had when it comes to Afghanistan -- what do you do with a bunch of uneducated religious impoverished hillbillies in the middle of nowhere between important countries? By themselves, they're not a threat to us and not worth anything. The problem is that they're shit magnets. If Al Qaeda weren't there, it'd be Chechnyans. Whack down on opium? Let's make hashish. There's not a whole lot to build a nation around.

Just the facts... it's no more obama's war than anyone else in congress... they all own it.. the initial principle = fail

+ Reply to Thread