+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2
FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Summa League

how about my boy, yancy gates! he looked nice:

http://www.mlive.com/pistons/index.s...ourth-qua.html

it's early and this was against summer league competition. but IMO there's definitely a spot in the nba for this kid. he's got the body and the skill set- he just needs a team to work with him.

i'll be SO pissed if we keep CV on the books and cut this kid in training camp. he still has a long road ahead to win a spot, but i've seen enough of this kid in college to believe in his talent. we need to find room on the roster for him somehow. dump CV, please!

amnesty CV, PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! couple other guys on here i wish we could dump too, to allow younger players to develop, but.....

knight/bynum
    stuckey/magette/english/daye/singleton
    prince/magette/singler/daye/singleton
    monroe/jerebko/j-max
    euro/drummond/gates

that would be my 15 if the only move i could make would be to amnesty CV. a 2 for 1 trade of some sort would be awesome, but i'm not sure anyone could be convinced to take on any of our dead weight. i'd love to be done with j-max for macklin and prince and stuckey are taking spots i'd much rather see guys with more upside and lower salaries occupying.

NOT TO BE FUCKED WITH Uncle Mxy's Avatar
    Can we turn this SL performance into some Daye trading?

Didn't Daye kill it in Summer League play last Summer?

Dude needs to transfer that to the real games or it's time to go!

IF I was in charge Daye would get one last season to show and prove.... and I'd use the amnesty on Nova. Time to throw away the Powder!
    Rise like Lions after slumber,
    In unvanquishable number -
    Shake your chains to earth like dew
    Which in sleep had fallen on you -
    Ye are many - they are few.

Quote Originally Posted by Pharaoh View Post
    Didn't Daye kill it in Summer League play last Summer?

Dude needs to transfer that to the real games or it's time to go!

IF I was in charge Daye would get one last season to show and prove.... and I'd use the amnesty on Nova. Time to throw away the Powder!
    there was a summer league last year?
    k

i've got more patience with daye than most. there was no summer league last year but he did play in russia and seemed physically and mentally drained as he got back.

while we'd all like to have seen consistent production from him by year 3, he's still a very young kid. his body and game are still developing. his lack of a defined role and consistent minutes clearly wore on him. he seems to understand now that he has to 'bring it' regardless and i wish we could clear some of the logjam at SF because he really belongs there and at SG. yes a player has to earn their minutes but he's a hard worker and sometimes a guy could miss out on playing time simply because it's impossible to play everyone.

i was really hoping we'd play this kid consistently and allow him to play through the learning curve and reach his potential, whatever that may be. IMO it's still too early to give up on him completely. sadly with the way the roster is shaping up, he might never get that opportunity in detroit.

Blog Entries
    I had fun substituting "Darko" for "Daye" in that last post.
    Find a new slant.

Quote Originally Posted by Gla View Post
    I had fun substituting "Darko" for "Daye" in that last post.
    and if you want to be psychic you could have substituted "Drummond" as well.
    k

+ Reply to Thread