Thread: Andre Drummond... Piston!

Andre Drummond... Piston!

Thought someone better start his thread now he's one of our own
    Rise like Lions after slumber,
    In unvanquishable number -
    Shake your chains to earth like dew
    Which in sleep had fallen on you -
    Ye are many - they are few.

as i said in the other thread, this could be a franchise changing pick. we said it last year with knight and the year before with monroe. but especially this year- there's no WAY he should've fallen in our laps at #9. it's almost unthinkable that we could land a kid who many considered potentially the #1 overall pick before davis' stellar season.

sure he has to work to fulfill his talent, but even as he is now, he's at the least a big body in the middle, a very good rebounder and shot blocker, and a guy who can free things up for monroe and get lots of garbage buckets with his size and athleticism. i foresee growing pains and foul trouble. but in time, i think this kid is in a situation which will see him thrive and he'll be seen as a tremendous steal.

could be a dominant center in the making and even now i'll say that he's the best talent we've drafted since grant hill. let's hope he fulfills it because if he does, we're looking at a guy who can be a huge force in leading us back to where we want to be.

IN MEMORY OF BIG VINNY 1943 – 1979 “WHEN IN DOUBT KNOCK EM OUT”
    Blog Entries
    Only thing that can stop him is a woman.

I'm reppin' Jesus Christ and Conservative views....

Quick piece by VINNY which was a logo style of his. VINNY also did two letter throw up's by the name of FI 2.

GO WHITE!

9. Andre Drummond | 6-11 | 279 | PF/C | UConn | 18
    Drummond falling to Detroit at #9 was the dream scenario Motor City basketball fans. Drummond has a downright freakish combination of athleticism and size, and paring him with a terrific passing big like Greg Monroe can only help his development. There’s an argument to be made that Drummond has an even higher ceiling than Anthony Davis. The question with Drummond is his work ethic and motor, but if he starts giving his all, there are going to be lots of GMs answering questions about why they passed on him.

i'm looking to forward to seeing Drummond being a star player in the NBA. I just hope it doesn't take 5 years and a change of teams for that to happen though.

Also, Pistons need to get rid of CV and Maggette quick. Maybe even Stuckey. I'm not sure who on the team outside of Monroe and Prince I'd even want near this kid.
    k

Gordon, Villa, RIP,Stuckey-who needs defense anyway?
    so fricking exciting, i love this pick, low risk high reward, great pick at 9

Monroe
    Maxiell
    Prince
    Stuckey
    Knight

Drummond
    Jerebko
    Daye
    Maggette
    Bynum

Which team wins?
    Rise like Lions after slumber,
    In unvanquishable number -
    Shake your chains to earth like dew
    Which in sleep had fallen on you -
    Ye are many - they are few.

Blog Entries
    Both win... lottery balls.
    Find a new slant.

IN MEMORY OF BIG VINNY 1943 – 1979 “WHEN IN DOUBT KNOCK EM OUT”
    Blog Entries
    First team wins 9/10 times.

I'm reppin' Jesus Christ and Conservative views....

Quick piece by VINNY which was a logo style of his. VINNY also did two letter throw up's by the name of FI 2.

GO WHITE!

NOT TO BE FUCKED WITH Uncle Mxy's Avatar
    Drummond screams "DeAndre Jordan" to me. If so, for a #9 pick, that's marginally ok. But I hope for more.

+ Reply to Thread