+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7
FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Pistons offseason 2012

we have under 2 weeks to amnesty charlie v- we'd be stupid NOT TO, considering his salary and our depth chart. we still could make a trade which might free up a roster spot (2 for 1 deal for those who aren't good at math) but i would hope to see gates and maclin competing for the last roster spot. i like gates a lot. maclin has potential i'd like to see stick around too, but with j-max opting in, someone will have to go which is a shame.

NOT TO BE FUCKED WITH Uncle Mxy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Gla View Post
    Langlois is saying that Kravtsov is likely our first big off the bench this year.
    I bet Blaha just calls him Slava

IN MEMORY OF BIG VINNY 1943 – 1979 “WHEN IN DOUBT KNOCK EM OUT”
    Blog Entries
    I thought Ben was like 98% sure to retire? Didn't he get a standing O and all that his last game? Did I miss something?

I'm reppin' Jesus Christ and Conservative views....

Quick piece by VINNY which was a logo style of his. VINNY also did two letter throw up's by the name of FI 2.

GO WHITE!

read somewhere that joe has no plans to amnesty charlie v. just ridiculous if that's true.

CV>Daye

I'd be irked if we amnestied CV and didn't move Daye too.

2 things- CV's deal is FAR more cumbersome to carry on our salary cap. it's a ridiculous deal actually and one we should dump at any given opportunity. he can be more productive than daye, absolutely. but we have more than enough depth at his position and he is way overpaid for what he gives us.

2- daye at least offers the hope of a higher ceiling with a much more cap friendly contract. i'd much rather give him another year to develop than to stay with a hugely overpaid CV who has already reached his ceiling.

dumping CV is a no brainer and i can only think pride alone would keep joe from doing it. let's remember it's not just about the player and his production (although i think with our wing depth, he's very easily replaced also) his contract coming off the books would without a doubt in my mind be in the best interest of the team.

At this point unless some sucker out there still thinks CV can play (thus you can trade him) or there is some FA available that you want to sign over Charles, why not let him ride the pine, maybe shoot some threes in blowouts and trade him as an expiring next year? I don't think he's poisonous to the team, just not worth a damn. I don't think there's any harm in having a stretch 4 as the 11th man.

Poisonous? I think the word you're looking for is "cancerous".

I thought Joe was going to shake up the roster?

Trading Ben Gordon for Corey Maggette and using our Draft picks is a far cry from a shake up!

WTF?

Another season looms where we are just passing the time...

I'm not saying I don't like some of the pieces we have or saying I don't think some of the "iffy" players we have could turn a corner but seriously...

One trade is not a fucking shake up! Got my hopes up for nothing (:
    Rise like Lions after slumber,
    In unvanquishable number -
    Shake your chains to earth like dew
    Which in sleep had fallen on you -
    Ye are many - they are few.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Pharaoh View Post
    I thought Joe was going to shake up the roster?

Trading Ben Gordon for Corey Maggette and using our Draft picks is a far cry from a shake up!

WTF?

Another season looms where we are just passing the time...

I'm not saying I don't like some of the pieces we have or saying I don't think some of the "iffy" players we have could turn a corner but seriously...

One trade is not a fucking shake up! Got my hopes up for nothing (:
    Hey look, we have an armchair GM here!

I'm sure you think that YOU think that YOU could do a better job than the guy that built THE 2004 WORLD CHAMPIONS??!?

What have YOU ever done that compares to that?

Did YOU play the game?

Right, that's what I thought.

I'm done here.
    Find a new slant.

+ Reply to Thread