+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3
FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: DrRay11 2012 Mock Offseason

IN MEMORY OF BIG VINNY 1943 – 1979 “WHEN IN DOUBT KNOCK EM OUT”
    Blog Entries
    With Titus's play and the cap troubles we're having could you see Nate Burleson getting chopped? Not saying I necessarily want that...

I'm reppin' Jesus Christ and Conservative views....

Quick piece by VINNY which was a logo style of his. VINNY also did two letter throw up's by the name of FI 2.

GO WHITE!

I don't know, he does a lot for the locker room. This is not the last year of his deal. In fact, he's got three left. Cutting him instead of keeping him only nets us about a $3 million in savings due to the guaranteed dollars that would still hit the cap (about 1.5m guaranteed over the next three years, would all hit this year)

He's a guy you don't want to restructure because you don't want a bunch of guaranteed dollars against the cap in his last two years (which is what restructuring this year's salary would do).

My guess is they keep him and don't restructure, and only in the case the Lions run into an undeniable opportunity at a WR upgrade does he get cut. It's one of the storylines to watch, but that's my two cents.

I would say Corey Williams is a bigger risk to get cut (merely a 100k penalty, net 4.9m savings) unless they extend him like I did above. He is in a similar situation, though, as a locker room leader and somebody you just hate to cut. KVB, three.

IN MEMORY OF BIG VINNY 1943 – 1979 “WHEN IN DOUBT KNOCK EM OUT”
    Blog Entries
    your completely right, of course

I'm reppin' Jesus Christ and Conservative views....

Quick piece by VINNY which was a logo style of his. VINNY also did two letter throw up's by the name of FI 2.

GO WHITE!

Need to get this fired back up... 10 days til draft...
    From the Freep:
    "Expect the Detroit Lions to use their first-round draft pick to address a need on defense, CBS sports writer Jeff Reynolds says.

According to Reynolds, the Lions will be especially interested in cornerbacks.

“Two options they’ve studied closely, Dre Kirkpatrick of Alabama and South Carolina’s Stephon Gilmore, are the kind of big, physical corners coach Jim Schwartz and defensive coordinator Gunther Cunningham prefer in a press-bump scheme. Both players are ready to start, whereas the next tier of prospects, including Trumaine Johnson (Montana), might have a steeper learning curve.”

Reynolds lists Michigan State free safety Trenton Robinson (NFLDraftScout.com ranking: 113) among five other players the Lions should look at closely."

I would like something like Kirkpatrick/Harrison Smith/Josh Robinson/Chris Rainey/blah blah blah

Will be interesting to see what happens...

Blog Entries
    I'd trust DrRay with my draft.

Wait.

+ Reply to Thread