Page 1 of 5
1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: OGT: Playoffs Round 1: LIONS @ SAINTS

OGT: Playoffs Round 1: LIONS @ SAINTS

LONG LIVE LION

IN MEMORY OF BIG VINNY 1943 – 1979 “WHEN IN DOUBT KNOCK EM OUT”
    Blog Entries
    WOOOOOOHOOOOO!

I'm reppin' Jesus Christ and Conservative views....

Quick piece by VINNY which was a logo style of his. VINNY also did two letter throw up's by the name of FI 2.

GO WHITE!

I'm not going to be able to sleep tonight

Blog Entries
    Florio thinks Lions win.
    Find a new slant.

IN MEMORY OF BIG VINNY 1943 – 1979 “WHEN IN DOUBT KNOCK EM OUT”
    Blog Entries
    LONG LIVE LION!

I'm reppin' Jesus Christ and Conservative views....

Quick piece by VINNY which was a logo style of his. VINNY also did two letter throw up's by the name of FI 2.

GO WHITE!

Blog Entries
    Simmons
    SAINTS (-10.5) over Lions

You've heard the case for Detroit: It's going to be a shootout, the Lions are going to throw on New Orleans, they're used to playing indoors, and even if they're getting mildly blown out, that extra half-point is a biggie (they can always pull off a backdoor touchdown (a Calvin Johnson specialty over the years). My counter in three parts …

1. You shouldn't pick any playoff team unless you think it can win. You're telling me this same shaky Lions team that just made Matt Flynn rich is beating a juggernaut that's been ripping through everyone in football for two solid months AND has a scorching-hot QB? We just watched Flynn shred that depleted Lions secondary for 16 touchdowns and 987 yards (all numbers approximate). Brees' past eight games: 2,430 yards, 22 TD', 3 picks, 5 sacks, 8-0 record. Brees at home this year: 2,864 yards, 29 TDs, 6 picks, 8 sacks, 8-0 record. What am I missing?

2. You beat the 2011 Saints (and the 2011 Packers, and maybe even the 2011 Pats) with the old Super Bowl XLII game plan that the Giants used to break my sports heart: Shorten the game, run the ball, move the chains, keep their offense off the field, and when they're out there, hit the crap out of the QB. The Lions don't have that type of team. To say the least. All the Lions have going for them is that extra half-point and the "Weird things usually happen in Round 1 on Saturday night" thing going.

3. New Orleans won nine of its 13 victories by 11 points or more. Every time the Saints went up by double digits in the fourth, they eventually won by 11 or more. By contrast, in 11 of Detroit's 16 games, the Lions trailed at some point in the second half (seven times by 10 points or more). We know all about their penchant for comebacks, but that's the thing about the 2011 Saints: You don't come back against Brees. Not this year. Given the recent history of these two teams, there's an excellent chance the Saints will be leading in the fourth quarter by double digits — let's say, 30-17 — and will have the ball with a chance to go for the kill. You really want to bank on a backdoor cover at that point? Come on. Don't try to be a hero. It's the playoffs.

The pick: New Orleans 37, Detroit 17.
    Find a new slant.

1. Yes, look at only the Lions' bad games. Not like the Saints lost to the Seahawks last year or the Lions were missing two of their best secondary players. Not to mention the earlier losses to GB and NO which were largely self-inflicted. Need to cut the dumb shit, yes, but they're perfectly capable of beating good teams. Still can't believe they lost to the 49ers.

2. Lions have shown they can hit the crap out of the QB. With the Saints' defense and the capability of Stafford, that should be all that matters.

3. Saints lost to a few of the worst teams in football.

LONG LIVE LION!

Blog Entries
    ^
    successful heroism attempt
    Find a new slant.

Blog Entries
    @JimmyTraina:
    Looking forward to seeing how dirty & chippy the Lions get tonight when it's 48-10 Saints in the 3rd quarter.
    I've had a few tussles with this guy in the past. He d-bag.
    Find a new slant.

Fuck Simmons and all the other pieces of shit who don't think the Lions even show up for the game. Fuck them all!

LONG LIVE LION!

+ Reply to Thread