+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8
FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Stuckey Re-Signed

Quote Originally Posted by Glan View Post
    What you've presented is the rationale for either using the amnesty clause on Gordon or signing and trading Stuckey.

Joe chose to do neither.

We're fucked.
    All the pressure in the world is on Ben Gordon to prove his worth. But that's only if he cares to stick with the pistons. I'm guessing he stays his normal, half-assed self and will get amnestied this summer, get paid the rest that he is owed by the pistons and will sign elsewhere (he'd be a good fit on the lakers and heat). Fine. Good riddance. That money is better spent on a big which this team needs big-time.

I hate both stuckey and ben gordon but of the two we can only amnesty gordon this summer. Let's see what BG has and get rid of him once his excuses run out.

If he proves his worth and if stuckey proves that he's more than the shithead he really is then this is a good problem to have. I expect both to fail, the pistons to amnesty gordon and then us having to deal with stuckey for 2 more seasons.

Really the competition now becomes bynum vs. knight for the extra minutes. That's not a bad thing for a 20-year old in year one of his NBA career and playing potentially the most difficult position to learn in the league (pg vs. center). I fully expect knight to take the brunt of the minutes away from bynum by the end of the season.
    Last edited by yargs; 12-17-2011 at 06:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by yargs View Post
    Really the competition now becomes bynum vs. knight for the extra minutes. That's not a bad thing for a 20-year old in year one of his NBA career and playing potentially the most difficult position to learn in the league (pg vs. center). I fully expect knight to take the brunt of the minutes away from bynum by the end of the season.
    No, that is a bad thing. Especially when you consider that the 20 year old already looks like he knows much more about playing the 1 then the "sacred cow" starter. Now it not only holds back his development but it also outright insults him.

Also, name 1 point guard who didn't end up starting in his rookie year and then became a star/quality player for the same team that didn't play him. I'm guessing you'd have to go back quite a long ways, because I can't think of a single player off hand.

... I can't believe you'd rather have a very promising lottery pick be buried on the bench of a shitty team. That's lunacy dude.
    k

Gordon, Villa, RIP,Stuckey-who needs defense anyway?
    I just hope Frank and Dumars agree that Knight is the future & present at PG, i hope Stuckey barely plays at PG anymore, he is OK at SG. even if you dont like Stuckey at all, at least he can get to line a lot and play some defense, thats a lot more than Gordon can do. The 3 year contract is good forboth sides.Dumars next task, try to trade one of Gordon or Charlie and amnesty the other. Oh and get a franchise PF to play next to Monroe.

How it should be...
    Stuckey 26 min @ SG... 6 min backup PG
    Knight 24 min PG (first year)
    Bynum 8 min PG
    Daye 12 min @ SG... 8 min SF
    Gordon traded for expiring deal or defensive big + T.E.

W.A.G. at what will actually happen ...
    Stuckey = 20 min @ PG
    Knight = 18 min @ PG
    Gordon = 24 min @ SG
    Stuckey = 14 @ SG
    Last edited by mercury; 12-17-2011 at 07:48 PM.

Stuckey = 30 minutes
    BG = 30 minutes
    Knight = 18 minutes
    Bynum = 18 minutes

That's how it should be to start the season. You want to showcase what BG and Stuckey can do so you can trade them!

What do you think we can get for BG based on his contract and his previous 2 seasons? Anything of value? Or would we be forced to amnesty him? Using the amnesty clause is not the best possible outcome. We should want him (and we need him) to perform at a high level.

Same for Stuckey - now we've locked him in for 3 years we need him to perform. Even if the front office doesn't want to trade him the best possible outcome for this team is that he performs well

Best case scenario is that we have BG, Stuckey and Knight all worthy of playing big minutes.

Bynum? IMO his role shall always remain the same. He's the one fucking guard we can count on to perform well and do his job. Regardless of what happens with Stuckey, BG and Knight Will Bynum should play 15-20 minutes

I should note that if we didn't re-sign Prince minutes at guard wouldn't really be a problem:

Knight 30/Bynum 18
    BG 30/Stuckey 18
    Daye 30/Stuckey 12/Jonas 6
    Jonas 24/Nova 24
    Monroe 30/Maxiell 18

Again I'd be looking to showcase BG, Stuckey, Daye, Nova and Maxiell... we need to move these guys for better players and/or contract and/or picks
    Rise like Lions after slumber,
    In unvanquishable number -
    Shake your chains to earth like dew
    Which in sleep had fallen on you -
    Ye are many - they are few.

The problem with Gordon being showcased next to Stuck running the point is that he doesn't get touches next to him. It's not like he's going to make a name for himself elsewhere. If someone was on the fence about the guy, watching him only get 12 or so shots a game isn't going to seal the deal. It's more likely to hurt his case.
    k

Maybe start Knight with BG and bring Stuckey off the bench?

This way Knight can feed BG for a while before Stuckey comes in and fucks it up lol

IF Stuckey came off the bench for Knight how long would we play BG/Stuckey as a combo? 5 minutes? 10 minutes?

Bynum would come in for BG and play PG with Stuckey moving to SG

That's the key - how many minutes would we be forced to play BG with Stuckey as we showcase them?

IF we couldn't trade BG or Stuckey after 20 games then I'm guessing we'd be stuck with them... in which case you simply play the best combination the most minutes.

I must say that having BG, Stuckey, Knight and Bynum makes me feel a hell of a lot better than when we had Rip, BG, Stuckey and Bynum....

Koolaid... do you still have those rubber bands for sale?

I clicked your sig and...

LMAO!

NOT TO BE FUCKED WITH Uncle Mxy's Avatar
    It could be worse, I suppose.

I was really hoping his reported demands would get him traded.

Quote Originally Posted by Pharaoh View Post
    Koolaid... do you still have those rubber bands for sale?

I clicked your sig and...

LMAO!
    nope. lol.

I might put up an old crunchy sock or a crushed empty cigarette pack in the future though.
    k

+ Reply to Thread