+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 8
FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Stuckey Re-Signed

Who would you take minutes from? Since there will be a lot of back to backs I could see snagging 2-3 from both Stuckey and Gordon and giving those to Knight.

Quote Originally Posted by lospistones View Post
    96 minutes to go around. Bynum got 18 mpg last year, so 78 minutes remaining. Stuckey got 31 last year, so 47 left. Gordon averages 30 for his career, so 17 is available for Brandon Knight.
    If we were ever to go with a three guard lineup (with Stuckey at SF) we could get all four a few more minutes.

Stuckey 13/Knight 17/Bynum 18
    Gordon 30/Stuckey 18

Would this upset people?
    Yeah. Fuck Knight only getting 17 mpg. That's Bullshit. Knight should get starter minutes, and Stuckey's bitch ass shouldn't be the reason he doesn't.

That's my worse nightmare, and the inevitable truth of this team. More success and future is going to be put on hold so Suckey can get another chance at proving himself. No change in coaches is going to make the retard learn to read a defense or shoot a jumper. He's had time at PG, SG, and SF and the only thing he's proved is that he's tall enough to not have PG's shoot over him and that at the end of the season if we're lucky enough to have games against teams that packed it in and started tanking he can put up 20/5/5 against the scrubs. Now we have the pleasure of watching the piece of shit play like Stackhouse with weights on his ankles and wrists again. The same 30 win team is back, and they're going to eat up the rookie's minutes. YAY!

My interest in this team has dropped from about a 7 to a 2.
    k

How about Stuckey sit on the bench where he belongs?

Knight 33/Bynum 15
    Gordon 30/ Stuckey 18
    k

Blog Entries
    That's closer to what I would like, but a shiny new $8m+/yr contract is going to keep it from happening.

I actually don't mind if Stuckey starts at SG, if he splits the minutes with Gordon 50/50.
    Find a new slant.

Blog Entries
    Given the reality of what we have, I'd like...

Early season

Bynum 26 / Knight 22
    Stuckey 24 / Gordon 24

By mid season

Knight 30 / Bynum 18
    Same at SG
    Find a new slant.

Blog Entries
    We'd have about $20m tied up this year in that SG platoon. Fuck.
    Find a new slant.

Quote Originally Posted by Glan View Post
    That's closer to what I would like, but a shiny new $8m+/yr contract is going to keep it from happening.

I actually don't mind if Stuckey starts at SG, if he splits the minutes with Gordon 50/50.

How can that work? Stuck 24 and Gordon 24?

Gordon's numbers are going to suck ass if he only gets 24. Shooters need minutes and touches. Stuckey pretty much prevents BG getting those in any scenario. So basically this season is going to be the same performance from Gordon that the Pistons have been getting.

Then it's either having about 20 million tied up into the SG slot or sacrificing the playing time of promising young lottery pick to bring back a pitiful 30 win team.

Also, the team won't have serious cap space for 3 years.
    k

While I don't agree with how Kuester distributed minutes, those were their averages a year ago. A condensed season with more back-to-backs and a few back-to-back-to-backs mean that lineups could change on a nightly basis. Brandon Knight could get 18 minutes one night, 24 the next, and 30 the third night in order to get fresh, conditioned legs out on the floor.

That said, I have no problem with marginalizing Will Bynum. You have a former #3 overall player making 12 million, a #15 making 8, and a #8 overall pick. The undrafted 28 year old making 3 million a year will just be happy that he's in the league.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Koolaid View Post
    How can that work? Stuck 24 and Gordon 24?

Gordon's numbers are going to suck ass if he only gets 24. Shooters need minutes and touches. Stuckey pretty much prevents BG getting those in any scenario. So basically this season is going to be the same performance from Gordon that the Pistons have been getting.

Then it's either having about 20 million tied up into the SG slot or sacrificing the playing time of promising young lottery pick to bring back a pitiful 30 win team.

Also, the team won't have serious cap space for 3 years.
    What you've presented is the rationale for either using the amnesty clause on Gordon or signing and trading Stuckey.

Joe chose to do neither.

We're fucked.
    Find a new slant.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by lospistones View Post
    While I don't agree with how Kuester distributed minutes, those were their averages a year ago. A condensed season with more back-to-backs and a few back-to-back-to-backs mean that lineups could change on a nightly basis. Brandon Knight could get 18 minutes one night, 24 the next, and 30 the third night in order to get fresh, conditioned legs out on the floor.

That said, I have no problem with marginalizing Will Bynum. You have a former #3 overall player making 12 million, a #15 making 8, and a #8 overall pick. The undrafted 28 year old making 3 million a year will just be happy that he's in the league.
    You'd be marginalizing the one guy that will actually meet or outperform his contract (not including the rook).

The way that franschises like the Pistons compete is by having players that outperform their contracts, see 2004. This is even more true today than it was then.
    Find a new slant.

+ Reply to Thread