• 0-16

0 0%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5
FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Predict the Lions 2011 Record

IN MEMORY OF BIG VINNY 1943 – 1979 “WHEN IN DOUBT KNOCK EM OUT”
    Blog Entries
    The Lions were top 10 in most ratings last year too. Generally they were listed as top 3-4 in passblocking and toward the bottom in run blocking.

I'm reppin' Jesus Christ and Conservative views....

Quick piece by VINNY which was a logo style of his. VINNY also did two letter throw up's by the name of FI 2.

GO WHITE!

SSS lol
    Players meeting my ASS!

Quote Originally Posted by Tahoe View Post
    Thx and Dallas' line was what I was after, but Lions at 5th? Now I don't trust the ratings. But at least its something to go by.
    It seems that the criteria used to rank the Lions 5th is sacks, which is arguably the best statistic these days. However you can play with the data to see where we rank within other statistics also on that page. For example the Lions rank 19th in QB hits. That bothers me and makes me wonder how much of the low sacks total comes from good O-line play and how much comes from Stafford getting rid of the ball quickly (which is good but he's still taking hits).

What I'd like for our OLine is to be able to get 3 yards on the ground when we need it. A 44 yarder by Best is sweeeeeeet, but in the playoffs you need to get 2 yards, 3 yards, etc at times and its crucial. I know we have our slant passes working but in the playoffs in bad weather when you don't want to turn the ball over, the ground is nice to depend on.

I'd rather our runs are a bunch of 5 yards and under than a bunch of zero gains and a 44 yard to make it average out.

I could be wrong but I don't think we make those ground gains on a consistent basis.
    Players meeting my ASS!

Quote Originally Posted by detroitexport View Post
    It seems that the criteria used to rank the Lions 5th is sacks, which is arguably the best statistic these days. However you can play with the data to see where we rank within other statistics also on that page. For example the Lions rank 19th in QB hits. That bothers me and makes me wonder how much of the low sacks total comes from good O-line play and how much comes from Stafford getting rid of the ball quickly (which is good but he's still taking hits).
    Also, I agree our quick passes, slants, etc are big and think Linehan knows our oline is not the strength of our team.
    Players meeting my ASS!

Well, I think you'll find this an interesting read. The comments on this article is where D found those great stats:

http://www.mlive.com/lions/index.ssf...aches_not.html

The crux of the article is that the views on effective rushing have change. Schwartz was very pleased with the run game, because it was efficient. For example Schwartz would probably say that we are getting 2 or 3 yards at the right times since the running game was efficient.

Great article.

But those fans are ridiculous and hilarious for questioning the running game and true Lions fans should sit back and enjoy the ride.
    Players meeting my ASS!

What I like about the debate, more than the debate itself, is that you can just tell that Schwartz knows what he's doing. He has a goal, he has criteria on how to reach it and he knows how to judge success. In other words, the dude knows his shit.

Quote Originally Posted by detroitexport View Post
    What I like about the debate, more than the debate itself, is that you can just tell that Schwartz knows what he's doing. He has a goal, he has criteria on how to reach it and he knows how to judge success. In other words, the dude knows his shit.
    I want to wash Schwartz's car

I said something like that a couple years ago? year ago? When Shorts said that top teams don't need a LT. He talked about the study some dude that showed a top not LT is NOT needed.

I posted at that time...something like...I lose. He doesn't see it like lots of peeps.

We'll see.
    Players meeting my ASS!

+ Reply to Thread