+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 18
FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 LastLast

Thread: official cy young awaiting thread (now featuring MVP TALK)

Blog Entries
    I think that the main concern now for JV is that he splits too many MVP votes with Fister.
    Find a new slant.

Blog Entries
    JV gets regular season MVP, Fister World Series MVP. I think that's fair.

It is just saying that both offense and defense should be considered, not that both need to be good. If a player is exceptional in either regard it can outweigh the other one.

Tahoe - are you saying Clemens should not have been MVP?
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

tahoe is saying that he is right and everyone else is wrong. about what? no man can say.

Quote Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
    The key to me that ABSOLUTELY ERADICATES the "he doesn't play every day" argument is that a pitcher on Verlander's level is DIRECTLY INVOLVED in WAY MORE plays than any position player. And it's not like "hey, all pitchers do that", it takes a special pitcher who pitches that many at bats and POSITIVELY affects that many situations to make it clear. In conclusion, the CRITERIA clearly make Verlander the only legitimate choice.
    While I think Mxy's argument is very valid; this is the one that wins out for me. Value can be relative but overall value can be determined.

eatshit@tahoe

IMHO, local folks will be disappointed with the biased big town votes.
    Cy Young would be a gr8 achievement.
    N.E. way you look at it JV dominated... no problem with the stupid ass results.

NOT TO BE FUCKED WITH Uncle Mxy's Avatar

there is nothing worse than sabermetrics nerd. i really hate these people.

if we go to war with another country, i hope that country is filled with sabermetric nerds. i'd gladly enlist.

Sunday's start didn't make it any easier to argue against him.

+ Reply to Thread