View Poll Results: Who would you grant amnesty to?

Voters
11. You may not vote on this poll
  • Rip

2 18.18%
  • BG

5 45.45%
  • CV

4 36.36%
  • Maxiell

0 0%
  • Stuckey

0 0%
  • Bynum

0 0%
  • Monroe

0 0%
  • Big Ben

0 0%
  • Daye

0 0%
  • Jonas

0 0%
  • Terrico

0 0%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2
1 2 LastLast

Thread: If there's an amnesty clause...

NOT TO BE FUCKED WITH Uncle Mxy's Avatar

If there's an amnesty clause...

...which player should it be used on?

Blog Entries
    So sad that this is a tough question.

In a vacuum, I think it would have to be Gordon. He's still owed $37m, and we'd be fine at SG without him.

What would using the amnesty on a major free agent signing like this do to the org's reputation with agents and future free agents, though?

1. Gordon
    2. Charlie
    3. Rip
    Find a new slant.

I have to say Charlie just because he is the least trade-able player on the team, has a long contract, and has virtually no upside. Rip can still score and is expiring (sort of). BG could still become a 20ppg scorer given a starting role or serious minutes. Charlie won't start, doesn't rebound or defend well, and is pretty much a very overpaid bench player.

BG is my choice. He's a scorer who can't fucking score for us. Even if he were as good as he was at times in Chicago, he's still overpaid.

Rip Hamilton. The Pistons need to move on.

Blog Entries
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but if it's like it was last time, you still have to pay the player's salary, right? The benefit is that he doesn't count toward the cap or tax, right?

That makes Rip the obvious choice, as it's unlikely that we'd pay BG or CV that much $ just to go away, with so much time left on their deals.
    Find a new slant.

Yes, they can change their inter-team rules, they can't change the contracts each team has given out.
    STEW BEEF!

I'm going with CV.

rip's contract is up too quick to really cash in on getting him off the books.

I want to see Gordon without Rip eating his minutes and without Stuckey ignoring him before I say he sucks. All I see is the squeaky wheels getting the grease (Rip and Stuck), and Gordon doesn't squeak. I keep him for that reason alone. Fuck squeakiness.

CV on the other hand is just garbage. He's too weak to guard the post, too slow/lazy to defend a pick, and outside of his 3 ball I see nothing I like in him. I'm also pissed at him for being my pick in free agency back in the day. When someone makes a fool of you it's only natural to want to rip their head off, right?
    k

BG was SMOY as a rookie with less mpg than what he's had as a Piston.
    This "Rip sucks BG's minutes and that's why he sucks" argument doesn't hold water.
    AFAICT, BG's gotten timid on the court, deferring on shots he'd have taken before.
    He needs a good asskicking.

Blog Entries
    People have been saying "BG just needs a chance" for years now. It's lame. Ask Bulls fans. He is what he is and nothing more.
    Find a new slant.

+ Reply to Thread