+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6
1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Tech Talk

IN MEMORY OF BIG VINNY 1943 – 1979 “WHEN IN DOUBT KNOCK EM OUT”
    Blog Entries

Tech Talk

Anyone ever used iSCSI and/or more specifically, as an initiator in freenas? Really struggling to get something working and I don't have enough experience with Unix/Linux based systems to figure it out.

I'm reppin' Jesus Christ and Conservative views....

Quick piece by VINNY which was a logo style of his. VINNY also did two letter throw up's by the name of FI 2.

GO WHITE!

Blog Entries
    Can't help, but great idea for a thread!
    Find a new slant.

Blog Entries
    Yeah I've gone back to that through google at least 4-5 times haha. The initiator's installed, I think at least, but every time I try to set it and connect to my target that's on a Win 2008 server, I get a CRC error on the freenas machine. I'll try to post the exact line when I get chance but I won't be back there till Monday.

There are tons of resources for setting up Freenas (7.2) as an iscsi target around but I can find very little documentation on it being used as the initiator. I'm not sure if that's just because it's such a simple concept that nobody would bother writing a guide and I'm just doing something stupid or if it's because it's not really supported and doesn't really work right.

Eventually, we'll basically be trying to use the freenas box to scoop LUNs from like 4 different Windows servers and combine them with hard drive space on the Freenas server to make one logical drive using Freenas's GFS system and then share that drive across a domain. Sounds good in theory but I can't make it work.

Quick piece by VINNY which was a logo style of his. VINNY also did two letter throw up's by the name of FI 2.

GO WHITE!

Blog Entries
    Uxka will take care of it when he gets the time.

rollin through your neighborhood, middle finger up
    Quote Originally Posted by ZBeau View Post
    Uxka will take care of it when he gets the time.
    I'm too busy setting up a network of servers atm.

Blog Entries
    bump
    Find a new slant.

Blog Entries
    lol, I actually need this now

using Vista and no sound, speakers stopped working

ran MS Fix It and it detected two problems with the drivers, but when I choose to have it repaired, the problem persists

sound worked yesterday, cables are all attached, I can see the volume bar bouncing up and down, but no sound
    Find a new slant.

Blog Entries
    Start>Right Click On "Computer">Pick "Device Manager" on Left>Find "Sound, Video And Game Controllers" and expand it> Pick the one for your sound, mine says "High Definition Audio Device" but yours might be different; Right click on it>From here you can try a few things:

1. "Update Driver Software"...Can't hurt to try but often doesn't work...
    2. If 1 doesn't work, you can pick "Uninstall" and then go to the top where your computer name is listed (will be different depending on what you named the comp, should be top line). Right click on the name and pick "Scan for hardware changes." Windows should automatically find and re-install your sound.

GO WHITE!

Blog Entries
    If neither of those work you can find the driver at the manufacturer's website usually. Play around in "Properties" of the sound on device manager to find the model name/whatever.

GO WHITE!

+ Reply to Thread