+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2
1 2 LastLast

Thread: Teams With Gluts

Teams With Gluts

At least, gluts that are more apparent after the 2k11 draft.

Utah: Bigs. They have five that have or had All-Star potential in Al Jefferson, Paul Millsap, Derrick Favors, expiring Mehmet Okur, and newly drafted Enes Kanter. The glut increases in size if they re-sign F Andrei Kirilenko, who spends a lot of time at PF.

Cleveland: So many point guards. Baron Davis, Daniel Gibson, Ramon Sessions, and now Kyrie Irving. All four have either started or are projected to be starters in this league.

Washington: Combo forwards. They just drafted Jan Vesely and Chris Singleton on top of having the rights to Rashard Lewis and Yi Jianlian (if they extend his QO). It's worth mentioning that another big, Andray Blatche, thinks he's a SF.

Phoenix: Power forwards. They just drafted Markieff Morris and also have Channing Frye (stretch four/five) and Hakim Warrick on board.

Cleveland again: Power forwards. They drafted tweener Derrick Williams, who wants to be a SF but was essentially a C in college, so most people slot him at PF. They have Antawn Jamison (SF/PF) and JJ Hickson (PF/C) as well. Depending on where they slot people, one of the latter two could be had.

Houston Rockets: Power fowards. They picked up Marcus Morris and Donatas Motiejunas, while Luis Scola, Jordan Hill, and Patrick Patterson are on the team. If they choose to re-sign Chuck Hayes or Jared Jeffries, it's clear that somebody must be moved from the 4 spot.

Charlotte Bobcats: Depending on whether Biyombo is a C or PF for them, they would be wise to move one of Boris Diaw or Tyrus Thomas.

Any more that you can think of?

Pistons: shitty players.

I don't know if its a glut or we are a farming system for shitty players. One might argue tht Rip, Bengo, and Charlie V were decent players at their money before we overpaid them.

Los, half of those gluts will be relieved by amnesty if such a clause gets added. If not, hopefully we can do something with them. Nice compilation.

It is a nice first attempt at getting out of this shit hole... this may require some parallel moves... ie. picking up someone like Milsap in a three way with a team that has solid young defenders.
    I think it's best to list all of the young bigs capable of altering shots... then looking at their team's needs.

Skimming rosters... these are potential targets... they vary from "untouchable" to "trade only for scrubs or bad contracts".
    Josh Smith
    Biyombo
    Ty Thomas
    Chandler
    Nene
    Faried
    T Thomas
    Udoh
    Thabeet
    Hibert
    Aminu
    DeAndre Jordon
    Bynum
    Okafor
    Perkins
    Ibaka
    Bass
    Amir
    Whiteside
    Alabi
    Favors
    McGee

Nice list, don't forget David West. I think he would be a great addition if healthy. It would have to be a s&T

Blog Entries
    My thread is jealous of this one.

Jilted.
    Find a new slant.

Well at least you didn't use gluts in the title. I thought it was glutes and was going to rip on it until I read the thread.

I was wondering were we could get more combo guards from
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

Quote Originally Posted by WTFchris View Post
    I was wondering were we could get more combo guards from
    Next years draft?

+ Reply to Thread