+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3
1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Fix our cap....

Fix our cap....

Realistic ideas only please.

Here are some of mine.

Please please don't overpay Stuckey and Jonas. No more than 6.5 starting for stuck please.

Ben Gordon for Beasley and Luke Ridnour. I have absolutely no interest in Ridnour, but his salary is small and ends the same year as BenGo and they just arent going to help us out like that with no picks.

Keep Rip for a season and start him at SG. I think a vet with Knight who can get him assists will help. stuck will play both guard spots and be the closer at SG. Rip will get us a nice asset as an expiring the following season.

If there is amnesty, get rid of CV. He is Beasley with more outside chucking.

Do not S&T Tay unless we get an expiring, or a 2 year expiring with a pick.

My suggestion:

Rip to Charlotte for Diaw (exp) and Najara (exp)

BG, CV, and rights to Singler to Phoenix for VC (exp w/ buy out)

Not sure why phoenix would do that at all but sign me up. Seriously that deal is terrible for them.

The Diaw suggestion seems nice since it would give us a sf option, expiring contract to move, and allow us to use our amnesty on gordon or cv. Nice.

Still baffles me that he overpaid both of them like that before any other rumors of other potential suitors for them. He basically outbid himself, which goes %100 against the way he built the championship team. He's basically turned into Mark Cuban without having a star to surround (like Dirk).

Anyway, I'm a fan of any deal that sends RIP, CV or BG out for nothing but expiring deals (don't care if they even have two legs). You can include unlimited 2nd round picks too if that helps (or Daye or Bynum if need be).
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

I couldn't agree more. In fact I would argue Knight and Monroe are the only two people worth keeping on this roster at all. What we need is roster amnesty.

If it took Jerebko to get us rid of Bengo, I would do it. You do that, amnesty CV, and the whole roster is purged by next season.

Gordon, Villa, RIP,Stuckey-who needs defense anyway?
    we are screwed without an amnesty clause, i would hold onto RIP, Maxiell and Bynum now, after this coming short lockout - season they are all expiring and gain value actually, Gordon has to have more trade value than Charlie, so use amnesty on Charlie and try to trade Gordon for anything useful, which means a player or two with shorter contracts

Replace Joe's insulin with liquid sugar.

Done.
    STEW BEEF!

IN MEMORY OF BIG VINNY 1943 – 1979 “WHEN IN DOUBT KNOCK EM OUT”
    Blog Entries
    I can hear Joe already.

"Amnesty? You telling em I've got a player as good as Ben Gordon and you want me to just let him go? For nothing? Maaaan. "

I'm reppin' Jesus Christ and Conservative views....

Quick piece by VINNY which was a logo style of his. VINNY also did two letter throw up's by the name of FI 2.

GO WHITE!

I think he will use it on CV unfortunately, but not that unfortunately since he sucks.

I think that CV would be the right move but ti will depend on what they end up doing with the cap. It might be that they have to drop their biggest contract instead of their worst one.

+ Reply to Thread