+ Reply to Thread

Thread: dave bing... dictator?

dave bing... dictator?

http://www.freep.com/article/2011061...text|FRONTPAGE

this is some julius ceasar type stuff. frankly, i welcome the new overlord, may he live a thousand years.

The city council is a cancer farm from what I've paid attention to.
    STEW BEEF!

agreed. even the new blood seems to go to hell quick. bing taking over everyone's job is probably the best scenario. that or a federal take over. lesser of evils is the only option.

this rochelle collins sounds like a real peach.

a 21 year city employee (read, never worked in real world), she was making 85k a year as an executive assistant (unless you have very unique skill set, are given quite a bit of responsibility, or work crazy hours, in the private sector an E.A. probably is not even making half that).

she was fired while on medical leave (of course), and wants 750k + a huge pay raise.

NOT TO BE FUCKED WITH Uncle Mxy's Avatar
    http://www.freep.com/article/2011112...council-unions

He lambasted several council members for saying his plan to cut $102 million in costs, with 1,000 layoffs and other measures, "wasn't bold enough."

Noting that one member had been mayor for seven months, an obvious reference to Ken Cockrel Jr., Bing said, "I would ask, 'What the hell did you achieve for the time that you were here?' "

Bing also unloaded on Council President Charles Pugh and President Pro Tem Gary Brown as "two leaders ... who do nothing but run to the press and, anything we want to do, they seem to always be in opposition."

"I've always been a team player, and I've always been accessible," Bing continued. "I think I've always been professional and always been a gentleman. All that bullshit's off the table for me right now. It's time to go to war."

Bing chastised Brown for "getting three damn paychecks from the city" -- a police pension, his council salary and his judgment from a lawsuit against ex-Mayor Kwame Kilpatrick. "From a character standpoint," Bing said, "if I were in that position, there's no way I would take three checks from the City of Detroit, with the financial problems we're having."

NOT TO BE FUCKED WITH Uncle Mxy's Avatar
    With the consent agreement, Bing ain't much of a dictator now -- if he ever was one.

+ Reply to Thread