+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4
FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Tayshaun scenarios for 2011-12

Blog Entries
    Prince is a nice player, but guys like him making $10-11 million a year are a big reason why we have a lockout right now.
    Find a new slant.

that's exactly it- he's not worth the money he was being paid now. not even close to it. i know- you can't blame him for it and there are a few other guys just on our own team who are even more grossly overpaid. but in looking strictly at his situation heading into FA- there's no way on earth he's worth an eight digit salary. sure, lots of other teams would love to have a player of his abilities. but i guarantee you they won't pay him that kind of money. no way.

he's a MLE guy in a best case scenario for him. what was that, between $5-6 million...? about where he should end up IMO.

I agree 100% with Mxy on this one. Trying not to assume what you're saying Glan, but I do think you touch on a point when you say his $10m a year is the reason we're having this lockout. I wonder if we're putting a dollar figure on his salary as what we think he should earn versus market value. IMO his market value is definitely higher than any $5-6m a year. Just look at the quality of players at each salary range. Are tons of the $10m a year guys overpaid? Sure. But that's the market and his value is still comparably high in that market.

Blog Entries
    At the time he signed that contract, one could argue that he was the team's 4th or 5th best player. How many guys in that position in the pecking order get that kind of money?

No wonder the owners are looking for artificial methods to control salaries.
    Find a new slant.

prince was 130th in PER last year. Regardless of his "brings more to the table" intangibles you can't justify that guy getting paid top 40 cash.

NOT TO BE FUCKED WITH Uncle Mxy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Glan View Post
    At the time he signed that contract, one could argue that he was the team's 4th or 5th best player. How many guys in that position in the pecking order get that kind of money?
    Probably the guys on teams that make it to the ECF 6 years in a row.

He's certainly not worth that kind of money _now_. But, $9 million/year for 5 years was right for Prince at the time. During his contract, he was an above-average player who played above-average # of minutes. As a late 1st rounder, he was quite underpaid relative to his performance before. Average it all out and he got MLE for every year he was starting. And, he called out the buffoonery when he saw it. No complaints.

Blog Entries
    You're muddying the waters by trying to average his career salary by doubling back to include the years before the extension. Of course he was appropriately paid or underpaid before the extension, that was never included in this discussion.

What I stated is that he made too much money on his most recent contract.

We paid nearly $10m a year for a guy that has averaged 13 pts and 5 rebs.

10 million!
    Find a new slant.

NOT TO BE FUCKED WITH Uncle Mxy's Avatar
    Most players that overperform in their rookie contract are going to get a contract extension that they won't even come close to living up to.
    Here's how it went down with Tayshaun after his contract extension:

2007 All-Defense
    2008 All-Defense
    2009 Top 10 in minutes played league-wide
    2010 Injured (but played well for half the season)
    2011 Buffoonery

Blog Entries
    A couple of (2nd team) all defenses are nice, no doubt. Even if I think "the block" on Reggie really helped him get those.

You'd think that in all those minutes played that he would have put up better numbers, but he didn't.

I'm nonplussed.
    Find a new slant.

IN MEMORY OF BIG VINNY 1943 – 1979 “WHEN IN DOUBT KNOCK EM OUT”
    Blog Entries
    I think the contract was definitely appropriate but obviously not worth it in hindsight. Most teams would have given it to him though....

I'm reppin' Jesus Christ and Conservative views....

Quick piece by VINNY which was a logo style of his. VINNY also did two letter throw up's by the name of FI 2.

GO WHITE!

+ Reply to Thread