FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Tayshaun scenarios for 2011-12

Blog Entries
    So you want to save the owner money?
    Find a new slant.

Quote Originally Posted by lospistones View Post
    How right you are. and hey, our boy Darko is in the top 5 :-o
    Mana from heaven sir.

And good post from Glan there. We aren't going to touch free agency again, we need valuable assets.

Gordon, Villa, RIP,Stuckey-who needs defense anyway?
    if Gores is willing to spend, sure if there is a good sign and trade for Tay go for it, im just saying, you have to pay the right guys the most money, before we add any more mayor salary i want efforts to get rid of RIP, Gordon, Charlie and Max first, we cant spend 2/3 of our capspace for those guys and expect to contend any time soon, in this rebuilding phase i want more young cheap talent + some salary structure that makes sense, fiscal responsiblility was huge in the past, we lost that reasonalbe-spending by paying way too much money on the wrong players, it will be even more important in the new CBA for sure

NOT TO BE FUCKED WITH Uncle Mxy's Avatar
    If Tayshaun spent another 5 years as a Piston and makes it to 1000 regular season games as a Piston, I'd anticipate #22 hanging up in the rafters.

The dude already has an NBA ring and Olympic medal, so he might not care if we show him the $ and the front office doesn't suck.

Prince's agent should certainly look to convince teams that there is a bidder in the Pistons.

i love prince. but i think it's time to part ways. we aren't going anywhere and we need a young core to build with. prince's pricetag is likely to be far more than i'd be willing to pay him, even if there isn't much of a market for him. (which i think there will be a decent one for him, even if it's just for the MLE, if that still exists in the new CBA)

do we really need to overpay another guy? and before people chime in with the 'veteran leadership' argument, prince did nothing to help in that area this past year. in fact, he whined a bunch publicly and disappointed me a great deal in that aspect this year. no doubt- kuester's regime was a disaster and prince had a right to be irritated. but his publicly crying and complaining (sometimes merely subtley) was not what i would expect from a true leader.

price is a good guy and an OK player. but he doesn't offer anything we can't get elsewhere, from cheaper and younger players.

Blog Entries
    He made way too much money on his last contract, so I wouldn't have him back unless he cut Joe a major league discount.

We need to blow this shitstorm up, I'm still in favor of keeping Knight, Jerebko, Monroe and Bynum and dumping anybody else that we can for comparable value.

Would love to S&T Tayshaun for a good, young, rotation player or two, and maybe a pick.
    Find a new slant.

NOT TO BE FUCKED WITH Uncle Mxy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Glan View Post
    He made way too much money on his last contract, so I wouldn't have him back unless he cut Joe a major league discount.
    Way too much money? Get real. For someone making all-D teams with enough all-around game to be an Olympian, including a season where he was top 10 in minutes played, I think he was paid just right by NBA standards.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Mxy View Post
    Way too much money? Get real. For someone making all-D teams with enough all-around game to be an Olympian, including a season where he was top 10 in minutes played, I think he was paid just right by NBA standards.
    I agree with Mxy on this, prince was well worth the money. It's not his fault that he was asked to shoulder more of the scoring/playmaking load when others were supposed to take on these responsibilities while failing miserably (gordon and stuckey especially). He's the perfect complimentary player that can play big minutes while doing just about everything well enough to really good on both ends of the floor. There isnt one winning team or organization that would deny the chance to have prince play on their team.

I also absolutely do not question his "leadership" the last few years when being forced to basically give up two productive, prime years suffering through kuester and his complete inability to lead a team. I'm glad he called out kuester as it only reinforced our outside perception of the chaos.

+ Reply to Thread