+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3
FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Broussard: Rip to Cavs might be back on

IN MEMORY OF BIG VINNY 1943 – 1979 “WHEN IN DOUBT KNOCK EM OUT”
    Blog Entries
    If there's a new amnesty clause, presumably the pistons would be willing to just waive him themselves rather than give up a pick to unload him. If not that presumably means we're running things on the super cheap which means we have much bigger problems than Rip to worry about.

Also, just to be clear (and please correct me if I'm wrong), Rip is NOT due to be an expiring next year, he has 2 full years left on his deal, running through 2013. Huge difference.

I'm reppin' Jesus Christ and Conservative views....

Quick piece by VINNY which was a logo style of his. VINNY also did two letter throw up's by the name of FI 2.

GO WHITE!

Quote Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
    If there's a new amnesty clause, presumably the pistons would be willing to just waive him themselves rather than give up a pick to unload him. If not that presumably means we're running things on the super cheap which means we have much bigger problems than Rip to worry about.

Also, just to be clear (and please correct me if I'm wrong), Rip is NOT due to be an expiring next year, he has 2 full years left on his deal, running through 2013. Huge difference.
    yep, he's got another year but an expiring contract holds value to the point where instead of giving picks to get rid of him the pistons would get picks.
    k

Blog Entries
    I remember reading that his last year is only partially guaranteed, but IIRC, the guaranteed amount is not a small sum.
    Find a new slant.

$9,000,000 of Rip's $12.5 million in 2013 is guaranteed, so he's not really an expiring contract next season.

As has been mentioned earlier, I'd do this trade with Cleveland

Cleveland gets #2 and Hamilton, trades #4 & future conditional 1st rounder (lottery protected 2012 through 2016, if not received by 2016, trades 2016 2nd rounder and $3 million cash)
    Minnesota gets #4, #8, #52 and Bynum, trades #2, #20, and Flynn
    Detroit gets #20, conditional 1st rounder, and Flynn, trades Hamilton, Bynum, #8, and #52

Also, if you're worried about the potential amnesty part of this trade (and I think there will be one in the next CBA), don't forget that Dumars has saddled this team with so many bad contracts that we could still use it on Maxiell or Villanueva, two very good candidates.

Quote Originally Posted by shags View Post
    Also, if you're worried about the potential amnesty part of this trade (and I think there will be one in the next CBA), don't forget that Dumars has saddled this team with so many bad contracts that we could still use it on Maxiell or Villanueva, two very good candidates.
    Max's contract is expiring except for his player option which I'm sure can be bought out. If we go with amnesty it would be Rip, CV, or Gordon based on production and dollar value.

He isn't gonna let us buy it out for much less than it is.

lol, fuck this, fuck everything about this

Quote Originally Posted by micknugget View Post
    Max's contract is expiring except for his player option which I'm sure can be bought out. If we go with amnesty it would be Rip, CV, or Gordon based on production and dollar value.
    Maxiell is as much of an expiring contract as Will Bynum is (or Rip Hamilton for that matter). He's not going to turn down his player option, and it can't be bought out any more than any other guaranteed contract.

My top 5 for amnesty (and it's pretty bad that there are 5 true candidates) are Hamilton, Maxiell, Villanueva, Gordon, and Ben Wallace (if he retires). If the Pistons trade Rip, there are still plenty of candidates to release with that clause. It's not a reason to turn down a decent trade for Hamilton (and the current proposal isn't it).

IN MEMORY OF BIG VINNY 1943 – 1979 “WHEN IN DOUBT KNOCK EM OUT”
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Fat Joe Dumars
    I've gotta stop letting these agents buy me dinner. Just because I order the lobster doesn't mean I have to put out.

/weakneedswork

I'm reppin' Jesus Christ and Conservative views....

Quick piece by VINNY which was a logo style of his. VINNY also did two letter throw up's by the name of FI 2.

GO WHITE!

+ Reply to Thread