+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 15
1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: 2011-2012 Red Wings OST Thread

2011-2012 Red Wings OST Thread

Coming off of a great 3-0 deficit in round 2 of the playoffs only to fall one game short, the Red Wings will still have an excellent core in place but some changes will need to be made to stay at the top of the food chain.

Here is a link with the salaries and contract lengths:

http://www.nhlnumbers.com/teams/DET?year=2011

My Take:

Forwards-

Datsyuk, Zetterberg, Franzen, and Fillppula are our core forwards.

Cleary, Abdukader, Helm, Bertuzzi and Holmstrom (if he doesn't retire) should all be kept.

Draper and Modano will likely (and should) retire.

Eaves and Miller are end of the bench players and should only be brought back if we can't find anything better.

Hudler should be traded. He's soft, sucks, and just annoys the hell out of me with his uninspired play.

Defense-

I hope that Lidstrom comes back. The guy can still play at a very high level.

Kronwall, Rafalski, and Stuart are all under contract. I wish that we could trade Rafalski as he was almost invisible in the playoffs and his play had been poor of late. He never was great in the defensive end and as his offense wains, he becomes a liability. He has been in steady decline since the Olympics. Stuart is solid. I would trade him but don't mind if he stays.

Eriksson should be brought back at the right price as he has steadily improved. Kindl should be given more PT.

Salei should be cut loose. He didn't impress me one bit and looked very shaky at times.

Goaltending-

Howard is the man and our starting goalie for the next two years.

Osgood is done and should retire. he's not very good anymore and can't stay healthy. Give a youngster a chance.

MacDonald needs no be re-signed. He was a very solid back-up and barring some young stud in the minors, is the best we have.

Your opinions???

First of all, thanks for getting this going.

I agree with a lot of what you have here. Hopefully Eaves and Miller can grow a bit more. Hulder can be hot/cold so I understand that one, but I'm a bit torn. You bring up a good point with Rafalski but I disagree with you about Salei. I thought he played well for the most part and came up with some very good plays. Honestly even with Rafalski, if Lidstrom comes back and Kronwall can keep playing the way he did this spring, I'm all right with our blue liners.

The forward question for me is more about what we need in my opinion than just individual players. Beyond our untouchables, Zetterberg and Datsyuk and our pretty damn close to untouchable; Franzen, Helm, Flip (maybe even Cleary) I think we need to add a couple of wingers. I think we need big, strong, young (if possible) snipers. Guys who can check and score goals. Maybe not 50 goal scorers but dangerous guys around the net and tough in corners. Who? No idea.

Looks like Rafalski is going to retire. That means a cool $6 mil to go shopping. If we trade Hudler and Lidstrom comes back at a hometown discount (a run for the cup in his last season), we could really do something next season.

This is too good a thread to derail with my bitching and complaining.

Carry on.
    Players meeting my ASS!

IN MEMORY OF BIG VINNY 1943 – 1979 “WHEN IN DOUBT KNOCK EM OUT”
    Blog Entries
    Fucking senile bastard.

I'm reppin' Jesus Christ and Conservative views....

Quick piece by VINNY which was a logo style of his. VINNY also did two letter throw up's by the name of FI 2.

GO WHITE!

Blog Entries
    Nucks in town.

Not sure if that's good or bad, but I'm going to watch a little.

PROMOTE THE NHL FORUM!

The Wings rarely fail to disappoint us at the end of the year.
    Players meeting my ASS!

Blog Entries
    Unless they play San Jose.

This is the first game, afaict, that I could watch this year and I'm not even going to watch them. They'll fuck it up in the playoffs anyway.
    Players meeting my ASS!

Blog Entries
    They're getting pummeled, but it's a great sports night otherwise.

+ Reply to Thread