+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2
1 2 LastLast

Thread: Rip to Philadelphia

Rip to Philadelphia

I've only found two Rip trades that make a reasonable amount of sense. I've spent a couple hours pouring over the NBA, and this may be our only shot.

We throw Rip and a future 1st rounder at the 76ers for backup PG Louis Williams and no-playoff-PT F Andres Nocioni.

Williams/Bynum
    Stuckey/Gordon/White
    Daye or Nocioni
    Jerebko/Villanueva/Maxiell
    Monroe/Wallace

We move Stuckey to SG, get younger, and balance out the roster. Nocioni can be treated as an expiring because he has a TO for his second year, and he could mentor Jerebko and Daye on how to be an annoying piece of shit.

They get a hometown kid, flip a second round player for a first and commit to Holiday, and they arm up for their next playoff push. They actually get a shooter for their starting lineup, while they're at it.

Holiday
    Hamilton/Meeks
    Iguodola/Turner
    Brand/Young/Brackins
    Hawes/Speights

(Rip to Chicago for Korver and Brewer is the other alternative).

What do you think? Would you do it? Would they? Can you think of a better Rip trade? I'm hoping that this trade could be done on draft day if a big doesn't fall to us.

NOT TO BE FUCKED WITH Uncle Mxy's Avatar
    Replace Williams with Speights.

I don't think we have to give up our future to move Rip.... simply wait one more year... they'll want his contract then.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Mxy View Post
    Replace Williams with Speights.
    I'd love to land Speights, but the salaries don't match.

Blog Entries
    Kstat once tried to rip my nuts off for suggesting that we try to acquire Speights, lol.
    Find a new slant.

Quote Originally Posted by Glanville View Post
    Kstat once tried to rip my nuts off for suggesting that we try to acquire Speights, lol.
    Man, he'd almost be ideal to pair with Monroe. I'm of the opinion that you pair tweeners with tweeners if you plan on starting any. Both he and Monroe have near-equal parts PF and C, and we could get some great high-low post play going with the two of them.
    I've had my eye on him since 2008. Still upset about Walter Sharpe...
    Last edited by lospistones; 05-05-2011 at 11:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by mercury View Post
    I don't think we have to give up our future to move Rip.... simply wait one more year... they'll want his contract then.
    I'd have to agree.

I couldn't stand another year of Kuester, and I know the players couldn't, either.
    If coach is canned, then I wouldn't wish a roster featuring all three of Hamilton/Gordon/Stuckey on the new coach (or my worst enemy(, either. Hamilton's the most likely to be moved, as we've tried to trade him in the past. Gordon's value is negative, and Joe needs to prove that Gordon and Villanueva were signed for reasons. Stuckey is a sacred cow, and we'll likely value him more than other teams would.

If there's a way to salvage next year, I'd like to. Hamilton will turn 35 right after his next contract expires. For all we know he may consider retiring at that point. I doubt Joe trades him the season before he retires.
    Last edited by lospistones; 05-07-2011 at 02:26 PM.

this trade does nothing as far as minutes go. it's still cluttered. williams takes stucks minutes, stuck takes rips minutes, BG gets 11 million to play the same minutes per game as bynum would be playing for a quarter of that price.

This would be trading just for the fuck of it. I don't see any reason to do it.
    k

+ Reply to Thread