+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6
FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: 2012 recruiting

3 things of note:

1) shane morris, 2013 commit, won mvp of the nike elite 11 camp this weekend, beating out notable such as zeke pike and gunner kiel (both a grade above him). dont know history of these camps, but this seems like a pretty impressive accomplishment. watching the highlights of the three, i certainly like shane's the best. nice that he's local and blue. it'd still be nice to pick up a commit from gunner, but i wouldnt if i were him.

2) michigan is making a big push on aziz shittu, rivals 12# ranked recruit in the country. hes a DT currently committed to stanford, but is talking about taking an official visit to michigan. i think were going to get him, and he'd be the mastodon of this class. we have a ton of defensive commits, but no DT's so far, and its also a position of huge need for us. the fact that mattison will surely be the lead recruiter (the dirk nowitzki of recruiting), how can we not like our chances?

3) the silent commit 99% chance was wayne morgan, who announces on the 1st. i've made a big deal about killing msu head to head, but it seems like everyone who commits also had an offer from alabama--which is significantly more noteworthy.

i was a huge RR supporter, but it didnt seem like he ever had a class like this. alot of it probably is due to mattison at DC compared to the table scraps Rodriguez was working with. i think anyone who is paying attention, even the most ardent supporter of the previous regime, has to like what they are seeing out of ann arbor.

Blog Entries
    Shittu, lol.
    Find a new slant.

Quote Originally Posted by b-diddy View Post
    3 things of note:

1) shane morris, 2013 commit, won mvp of the nike elite 11 camp this weekend, beating out notable such as zeke pike and gunner kiel (both a grade above him). dont know history of these camps, but this seems like a pretty impressive accomplishment. watching the highlights of the three, i certainly like shane's the best. nice that he's local and blue. it'd still be nice to pick up a commit from gunner, but i wouldnt if i were him.

2) michigan is making a big push on aziz shittu, rivals 12# ranked recruit in the country. hes a DT currently committed to stanford, but is talking about taking an official visit to michigan. i think were going to get him, and he'd be the mastodon of this class. we have a ton of defensive commits, but no DT's so far, and its also a position of huge need for us. the fact that mattison will surely be the lead recruiter (the dirk nowitzki of recruiting), how can we not like our chances?

3) the silent commit 99% chance was wayne morgan, who announces on the 1st. i've made a big deal about killing msu head to head, but it seems like everyone who commits also had an offer from alabama--which is significantly more noteworthy.

i was a huge RR supporter, but it didnt seem like he ever had a class like this. alot of it probably is due to mattison at DC compared to the table scraps Rodriguez was working with. i think anyone who is paying attention, even the most ardent supporter of the previous regime, has to like what they are seeing out of ann arbor.
    are you on mgoblog?

i swing by every day, but dont post. people there kind of rub me the wrong way. im mostly just there to see what tomvh has to say.

Quote Originally Posted by b-diddy View Post
    i swing by every day, but dont post. people there kind of rub me the wrong way. im mostly just there to see what tomvh has to say.
    It's a very pretentious group and they're rude to their fellow fans, but it's damned informative.
    I post at my own risk.

Blog Entries
    Yeah, they make me glad to have only a tenuous connection to the university.

conversely, its still better than msu's board. right now they have a thread on there about tate forcier and an alleged suicide attempt. most people with any sense at all would leave that one alone and not make a joke, like how the general sports populace didnt make any jokes about dantonio's heart attack. these people are rivals, but theyre also people. some things are absolutely out of bounds, even behind the anonymity of the internet. its really bad that the thread is riddled with jokes about tate and his attempt.

The MSU board is hilarious. They are permanently butthurt about Michigan.

tressel out = dunn to michigan?

this, as for 2012 recruiting, probably is a big boost to msu. michigan had completely froze them out of the best talent in michigan. they talk about a national strategy, but everyone knows thats nonsense. if this opens up ohio some, gotta think they can salvage a decent class compared to what probably would have been a lost one.

Ha. Anything is a big boost to MSU at this point. Their recruiting has been garbage and Michigan has shut them out so far. Michigan's class has filled up so quickly that we can snipe some 4 and 5 stars from OSU's grasp, but MSU is probably to enjoy some Ohio 3*s from this.

+ Reply to Thread