+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6
FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: 2012 recruiting

shittu decommitted from stanford.

if we were going to ever get a big, big time recruit, he would be the one. the stars are aligned. we should be getting two really good DT this year, since its been a while since we landed any that were elite (save will campbell, sort of).

Blog Entries
    UM just got Rivals #34 recruit, an OL from California named Magnuson
    Find a new slant.

IN MEMORY OF BIG VINNY 1943 – 1979 “WHEN IN DOUBT KNOCK EM OUT”
    Blog Entries
    Is that the World's Strongest Man guy's kid?

I'm reppin' Jesus Christ and Conservative views....

Quick piece by VINNY which was a logo style of his. VINNY also did two letter throw up's by the name of FI 2.

GO WHITE!

4 star DE Tom Stroebel commited to Michigan today in a flat out surprise announcement!! He started the day and it only got better when Magnuson finally gave us a Left Tackle for our class. However, the day wasn't done. The new Michigan retro jerseys were unvailed at 8pm and when everyone saw Denard sporting in with his pads on the buzz went through the roof and tickets on STUBHUB reportedly jumped in price again.

Still not done thankfully........5 star #1 rated QB Gunnier Kiel was all set to announce for OKlahoma over Alabama, Notre Dame, Missouri and Michigan on Sunday, but apparently rumors are running rampant that he is now postponing the announcement due to something "happening with Michigan." Unfortunately, this information is behind a paywall on Scout so I don't have the full story, but the rumor mill is going bananas right now!!

what a pain in the ass. im gone for a couple days and 50 things happen. its gonna take me a full day of reading to catch up. f.

tom strobel: i hadnt heard his name before i think sam webb's article just mentioned it this week, i think. DE is interesting, we've taken many already, was hoping for washington (package deal with WR standford (sp?)), or chris wormley (who everyone but rivals seem to love). i wouldnt be surprised if we took another. problem is, even if we move some of these guys inside, michigan is also in on two very good DTs, pipkens and shittu. i guess this is all a good problem to have. also, washington is very highly rated, which is why i want him, but ive watched highlights of standford and burbridge, and i'd take burbridge every time. obviously, im no expert and dont have much context, but dude looks like a young braylon edwards.

magnuson: this one is no surprise. michigan seems to have a great shot at a bunch of very highly rated OL talent.

kiel: if the #1 qb wants in on your class, you take him, but he's not my top concern. i like morris' highlights better, and it seems like we could help this class more from a different spot. for instance, if it came down to dunn (rb) or kiel, i'd definitely prefer dunn.

i think we end up taking the full 25. there will be attrition, and i think the coaches arleady know this. if not, it seems like some of the recruiting was a tad sloppy... although it might be just part of recruting.

Apparently, the newest rumor out there is that the #1 QB in America is down to Indiana and Michigan with many people thinking that he is leaning toward Indiana. Go figure!!

P.S. His brother goes there (plays QB), he lives 40 miles away and loves Kevin Wilson

kyle kalis has officially decomitted from OSU. rivals calls him the 18th best talent in the class, scout has him lower but a 5 star.

he's visiting UM this weekend, and its looking good he's blue. word has it, he's very close to recent commit tom strobel, and also close with another likely commit, chris wormley.

its not done yet, but always nice to get a talent like that. but when you can take him out of OSU's hands? dont get better than that.

It would be great to get him but if he ends up somewhere else, at least he's not going there. Also, its only a matter of time before Brionte Dunn decommits as well. Apparently, he likes Penn State a lot though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn
    I do so love a train wreck.
    Quote Originally Posted by MoTown
    People love train wrecks.

shittu demonstrating some interest in michigan over the weekend. sounds like we might be stomping around in california, as there is also a highly regarded wr who just decommitted from USC that we're in on, jordan payton.

http://recruiting.scout.com/a.z?s=73...=1&nid=4263080

i like seeing michigan back in california. it served us well under lloyd and i think its more vulnerable than florida was (though RR didnt exactly do bad there, either).

also, i think the optimism over brionte dunn is pretty much done. personally, i would not take anything but a top end QB or RB in this class. we are in on so many high caliber players at position of greater need it would be dumb to take anything but very high end talent else where.

another really good weekend for michigan fans.

friday, **** FS jarrod wilson committed, and just now kalis verballed.

kalis committing is so good i might have to go lurk on an osu message board to see what they think.

+ Reply to Thread