+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6
FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: 2012 recruiting

one otherthing.

under RR and barwis, our strategy was get the players lean and mean, totally rebuilding their bodies. ive been told it takes several years to get to the positive results--part of the reason i wanted RR to get more time. some players responded positively early, but other guys like will campbell (a ***** recruit) has struggled. are they related?

with these two recruits, theyre both a little light (especially pharoah, whos 6'6 or 6'7 and 215 or so). our new philosophy is to add more and more muscle and not just have a strong core. supposedly, pharoah is an athletic freak. if thats true, and the new sc coach is legit, we could have a star in the making here.

There are concerns about Burbridge qualifying academically.

Quote Originally Posted by b-diddy View Post
    pike set to announce in under an hour, not gonna hold my breath on him going blue.

but, if he does not, all is not lost.

shane morris is a year behind pike (gonna be a jr next year), but some people have him as the better prospect, and he was born and raised blue. with gardner getting his redshirt last yaer (think he got it/ is going to get it), the timing might be better with morris. both will be highly touted recruits and im sure michigan would love to have either, but pike is sort of a big body that looks in the john navarre mold. thats an era im not eager to see again.
    morris just committed. im no expert, but i like what i saw from his highlight's better than pike's. and i'd rather have a guy who grew up a wolverine fan than a guy who seems a little wishy washy-- all else being equal. um was in on another big qb (gunner kiel, currently rivals 19th best prospect in 2012), not sure if this affects that. probably yes and no.

also, i believe sparty was recruiting this kid pretty hard as well. sparty should have known that good qbs dont go to msu.

matthew godin just committed today. not the biggest get of all time (believe he's viewed as the 40th or so best DE in the country) but we wanted him, and so did sparty.

there was an article in the freep a week or so ago about sparty becoming more of a national recruiter and not limmitting itself just to michigan any more.

that may be true but maybe not. or, to borrow from moe greene:

Yeah, let's talk business, Mark. First of all, you're all done. Michigan State football don't even have that kind of muscle anymore. The Dantonio's sick, right? You're getting chased out of Michigan by Hoke and the other football teams. What do you think is going on here?

i was making my bones while bukdow was still going out with football players.

also, if 1) msu doesnt significantly improve its national recruiting, 2) hoke strings together another year or two like this one, msu is gonna be relegated to fledgling mac level status.

rumors of another big recruiting week for UM.

terry richardson, a **** db from cass tech (major michigan feeding school) is ready to announce his commit, no surprise there.

but then, theres also rumors that gunner kiel, a ***** qb may be announcing for blue as well. a little surprising since shane morris just announced last week, though i suppose if your a hotshot qb you dont about a guy a year behind you.

also talk that burbridge, the wr from FHH, also wants to commit. the problem with this is the forementioned grades issue. this class is filling up quickly, and if this kid cant qualify we probaby cant waste a spot on him.

howeva, these rumors arent nearly as reputable as the last "big week coming" rumor, which did pan out.

richardson is announcing tomorrow. his finalists are about as elite as they get, but you can bet he's blue.

gunner's final four : usc, alabama, mizzou, and of course, UM.

gunner is a big time qb talent, allegedly. hoke has the "i recruited tom brady" card. thats a hell of a card. hopefully, we return to being qb U.

Blog Entries
    NDatRivals
    Four-star cornerback and ND target Terry Richardson committed to Michigan on Thursday morning. USC, Bama and LSU were the other finalists.

we definitely have another commit, he announces monday. its another big get, a defensive player, and he's kicking off the national side of our recruiting--not from mw. aparently hoke drank enough of MSU's milkshake that he'll let them have the rest-- except for the couple more we'll take locally.

i like. recruit locally --> nationally --> globally?

Most seem to think it's Wayne Morgan, a defensive back out of Brooklyn. Others say Armani Reeves, a DB out of Boston. Both are very good players by all accounts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn
    I do so love a train wreck.
    Quote Originally Posted by MoTown
    People love train wrecks.

+ Reply to Thread