View Poll Results: Should Leyland go?

Voters
6. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, it's time for a change.

2 33.33%
  • No, he's still a good manager

2 33.33%
  • Maybe. It's too early in the season to tell.

2 33.33%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 8
FirstFirst ... 6 7 8

Thread: Is it Time for Leyland to Go?

IN MEMORY OF BIG VINNY 1943 – 1979 “WHEN IN DOUBT KNOCK EM OUT”
    Blog Entries
    You gotta keep in mind that we have no idea what's going on with these guys. There's very little injury/fatigue info out there in baseball. The pitching thing is kind of silly but I see his point.

I'm reppin' Jesus Christ and Conservative views....

Quick piece by VINNY which was a logo style of his. VINNY also did two letter throw up's by the name of FI 2.

GO WHITE!

Quote Originally Posted by Glan View Post
    Fister's been about the best pitcher in the game (he's right there with JV) over the past 5 weeks or so. These guys are totally creatures of habit.

Now we're going to put him out there, cold, in the 5th inning tomorrow.

Brilliant!
    I think his plan is more to do with getting Fister in the #2 spot without short resting him or skipping him altogether and letting him get rusty:

Wednesday Scherzer/Fister
    Thursday Turner
    Friday Porcello
    Saturday Verlander
    Sunday Fister (if he only gets a couple innings Wed)
    Monday Scherzer
    Tuesday Turner or Penny
    Wednesday Porcello

That way he can use Fister in game 2 without having to skip his normal start that would have been Tuesday (he would have been pitching on 4 days rest to do that).

Playoffs:
    9/30 Verlander (+1 day rest)
    10/1 Fister (normal rest if started Sunday as above)
    10/3 Scherzer (+1 day rest)

Not sure if you do Verlander on 4 days rest for #4 or not. Maybe it depends on how the series goes?
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

I do agree the resting is concerning for position players. Playing at NY and hosting a struggling Boston are vastly different situations. Yeah, guys need some rest, but they still need to win.
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

+ Reply to Thread