+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 18
FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast

Thread: Red Wings 2010/2011 OPT

Quote Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
    There appear to be no Hawks fans left in this city as far as I can tell. The Bulls, on the other hand, have gone from "The NBA is just a terrible product! It's nothing to do with the Bulls being bad, I just don't enjoy what the game has become." to "This is a basketball town. We live and die with the Chicago Bulls."
    no kidding. when i moved here, finding an nba fan from chicago was like finding the lochness monster. i was fairly convinced they did not exist. you also could go to a wings hawks game, pay 8 dollars for the tick, and stretch out and have an entire section to yourself. yet last year, i had coworkers "explaining" the intricacies of nhl hockey to me. its pretty bad.

I can understand the NBA thing. Chicago, other than the Jordan years, doesn't really have a rich basketball tradition. But I'm shocked about hockey. Granted they stayed away for a number of years but I thought it was more because of a crappy team and even worse owner.

Quote Originally Posted by Tahoe View Post
    Cool. Just wonderin why though.
    Even though I'm just an everyday schnook, I like the relative anonymity that I have here when i talk about sports. I don't really like putting myself out on the net. I don't even have a Facebook page. Plus, I use my Twitter for work more than anything else. I don't think it would go well for people to see me tweet, "I fucking hope Pav drops the gloves again against that pussy piece of shit Corey Fairy."

rollin through your neighborhood, middle finger up
    Quote Originally Posted by Tahoe View Post
    GOAL! 4-1 Wings, which is pretty much a tie score with Howie in the net and 19mins left.

We should tweet one of these games or a bball game or something.
    Dood... you're as bad with Jimmy as you are with Obama. He was playing a solid game, and made some really tough saves.

Quote Originally Posted by b-diddy View Post
    yet last year, i had coworkers "explaining" the intricacies of nhl hockey to me. its pretty bad.
    Same here, and most of the shit was totally clueless too. One time, a few minutes into the conversation with a guy who was all-knowing, he asked me some specifics about offsides calls :facepalm:. I mean, beyond the fact that the ref drops the puck and you try to put it in the net, that's about as simple as it gets. There's one person at work who truly is a Hawks fan, knows what she knows, and I enjoy talking hockey with. Everyone else... it's like rubbing my face on a cheese grater.

Quote Originally Posted by detroitexport View Post
    I don't think it would go well for people to see me tweet, "I fucking hope Pav drops the gloves again against that pussy piece of shit Corey Fairy."
    Or you'll get that promotion. Could go either way IMO.

IN MEMORY OF BIG VINNY 1943 – 1979 “WHEN IN DOUBT KNOCK EM OUT”
    Blog Entries
    Only one way to find out.

I'm reppin' Jesus Christ and Conservative views....

Quick piece by VINNY which was a logo style of his. VINNY also did two letter throw up's by the name of FI 2.

GO WHITE!

Thats what I'm talking about. Get another one.

4-3 Wings.
    Players meeting my ASS!

IN MEMORY OF BIG VINNY 1943 – 1979 “WHEN IN DOUBT KNOCK EM OUT”
    Blog Entries
    Attaboy Danny!

I'm reppin' Jesus Christ and Conservative views....

Quick piece by VINNY which was a logo style of his. VINNY also did two letter throw up's by the name of FI 2.

GO WHITE!

Quote Originally Posted by detroitexport View Post
    Even though I'm just an everyday schnook, I like the relative anonymity that I have here when i talk about sports. I don't really like putting myself out on the net. I don't even have a Facebook page. Plus, I use my Twitter for work more than anything else. I don't think it would go well for people to see me tweet, "I fucking hope Pav drops the gloves again against that pussy piece of shit Corey Fairy."
    Nuf said.

Also, I know some sclobby schnooks, but not everyday schnooks. I'm glad there are the 'everydayers' out there.
    Players meeting my ASS!

+ Reply to Thread