+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 12
FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12

Thread: general tigers thread

Quote Originally Posted by Hermy View Post
    Fuck loyalty. I deserve Lebron James. I'll take him for 1 season and have a chance to win a title than some chump who wears the hat with pride.
    I agree mostly with this sentiment actually. For example, I'm all for one year rentals on super talented players. The Wings rolling the dice on Hossa for example. I'm even fine with taking the roster spot from the nice loyal player to give it to the one-year rental. That's just the nature of the game. Another example, using hockey again, is that I think we need to at most have Draper in about one-third of the games this season and give his regular spot to just about anyone young.

I also don't know if it's about being a "good" or "bad" fan. Maybe the distinction I'm making is a shade of gray thing and a way to talk about something during the summer. I guess I would sum up my feelings this way: loyalty and wearing the hat with pride does mean something to me. It doesn't trump talent, but it also means I'm not going to rip on the player if, giving full effort and being a positive force for the team, he's sucking it up like Inge (though I do think nugget raises a very good point about his reluctance to work with hitting coaches now).

At the same time, so that I don't try to escape from my original statement, I do find it in general hypocritical that people can rip on Lebron for the "Decision" but throw an equal amount of hate at loyal players who are playing shitty (and that's not directed at anyone on this board in particular).

Quote Originally Posted by b-diddy View Post
    no one wins every trade.
    except Martin Mayhew

Blog Entries
    Buster_ESPN
    Tigers are probably biggest wildcard in the Carlos Beltran sweepstakes. It'll come down who will absorb most $; DET has done that in past.

Blog Entries
    Tigers reportedly interested in Hiroki Kuroda.

They should get in on any Dodgers firesale... Kuroda is 36 but he doesn't rely on power.
    He also has full no trade rights... recently said "I'd like to spend the rest of the season in L.A."
    Word is he want to return to Japan next year (FA).
    Last edited by mercury; 07-14-2011 at 06:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ZBeau View Post
    Tigers reportedly interested in Hiroki Kuroda.
    they aint the only ones, if you know what i mean.

Blog Entries
    Okay, that was awesome.
    Find a new slant.

Blog Entries
    Hey, dickhead, there's a thread to talk about this in.

(sorry, I just like to talk shit sometimes)

the tribe was up 3-0 in the 8th and lost 5-3.

also, the sux really did well vs the twins.

+ Reply to Thread