+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 12
FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 LastLast

Thread: general tigers thread

Blog Entries
    I'd rather have Polanco.
    Find a new slant.

this year his WAR (wins over replacement player) is a 3.6. last year it was a 2.8. his 2 good years in detroit were a 5.9 and a 4.6.

last year austin jackson was also a 2.8, this year he's been a 1.7.

so if you put credence in WAR, granderson wouldnt greatly improve the tigers. when you consider how he was floundering in detroit, that he wouldnt have gotten that yankee coaching or the benefit of yankee stadium (this might be considered in WAR), and we might be better off right now with ajax than having kept curtis.

anyway, thats one trade i dont regret in the slightest.

Quote Originally Posted by Glan View Post
    I'd rather have Polanco.
    and jurjens. matt joyce wouldnt be terrible, either.

then again, i'd take peralta over whoever it was we gave up for him. i think i was one of the more positive people over that trade, and i was only a little optimistic. most people thought we gave away a decent prospect for a washed up guy defenseive liability with a bad attitude.

im as pro DD as i've ever been. no one wins every trade.

Blog Entries
    I loved Peralta as a "buy low" move.

So much so that I made him MY TIGER at the start of the season.
    Find a new slant.

IN MEMORY OF BIG VINNY 1943 – 1979 “WHEN IN DOUBT KNOCK EM OUT”
    Blog Entries
    I didn't think he'd be anywhere near this good but we didn't really give anything up for him. I was against his defense but if he's hitting like this it doesn't really matter.

I'm reppin' Jesus Christ and Conservative views....

Quick piece by VINNY which was a logo style of his. VINNY also did two letter throw up's by the name of FI 2.

GO WHITE!

Quote Originally Posted by Glan View Post
    I'd rather have Polanco.
    This is how I feel. I really miss Polanco. I'm not the biggest fan of stats, though I know that baseball seems to be the best sport for the relation between stats and real performance but here's what I remember about Polanco: he was damn consistent hitting and fielding. Couldn't we have found a spot in our incredibly expensive roster for him?

And here's my non sequitur rant of the day: when I see fans ripping on Inge I realize how much fans deserve assholes like Lebron James and company. Does Inge deserve to be in Toledo this year? Hell, yes. Should there even be a roster spot for him on the Tigers? Good question. But the dude bleeds Tigers colors, loves Detroit, has a fucking tattoo on his arms to show it, will play any position he's asked, will play any role he's asked, plays with class and, no matter how shitty he plays, at least he's giving his all while he's stinking up the field. I don't think he should be playing, but I don't understand the hate and invective thrown at him. Just another example of fans' hypocrisy demanding some sort of loyalty form our teams' players.

Blog Entries
    I'm with you on Polanco. He was my Tiger.

Still remember him jumping around the bases after Maggs' walk off in game 4, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by detroitexport View Post
    This is how I feel. I really miss Polanco. I'm not the biggest fan of stats, though I know that baseball seems to be the best sport for the relation between stats and real performance but here's what I remember about Polanco: he was damn consistent hitting and fielding. Couldn't we have found a spot in our incredibly expensive roster for him?

And here's my non sequitur rant of the day: when I see fans ripping on Inge I realize how much fans deserve assholes like Lebron James and company. Does Inge deserve to be in Toledo this year? Hell, yes. Should there even be a roster spot for him on the Tigers? Good question. But the dude bleeds Tigers colors, loves Detroit, has a fucking tattoo on his arms to show it, will play any position he's asked, will play any role he's asked, plays with class and, no matter how shitty he plays, at least he's giving his all while he's stinking up the field. I don't think he should be playing, but I don't understand the hate and invective thrown at him. Just another example of fans' hypocrisy demanding some sort of loyalty form our teams' players.
    Fuck loyalty. I deserve Lebron James. I'll take him for 1 season and have a chance to win a title than some chump who wears the hat with pride.

Quote Originally Posted by detroitexport View Post

So if I rip on Inge, I'm a bad fan? He's hurting the fucking team. He's a nice guy, very loyal, and he absolutely sucks right now. If he were that loyal a player he would take himself out of the line-up until he fixes his swing. I do not doubt that he's trying but a team full of nice guys who suck at playing isn't much fun. We enjoy watching our teams because they are fun to watch and that usually means winning. Inge does not contribute to that and is hurting the team, therefore, he gets ripped on. that's just how it is!

+ Reply to Thread