+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 9
FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: all things 007

because the last post had a bit much sausage in it, brit eklund

is one of the best bond girls, and reason enough to watch the man with the golden gun. i always wondered if scaramanga was banging her on his island till bond got there. since bond was banging scaramanga's, it'd only be fair. plus it was the 70's, and it'd fit the swinging culture bond was a part of.

Quote Originally Posted by Glanville View Post
    i think he has just enough versatility to play the role correctly.

IN MEMORY OF BIG VINNY 1943 – 1979 “WHEN IN DOUBT KNOCK EM OUT”
    Blog Entries
    I was just going to post that to make fun of Glan but he did all the work for me.

I'm reppin' Jesus Christ and Conservative views....

Quick piece by VINNY which was a logo style of his. VINNY also did two letter throw up's by the name of FI 2.

GO WHITE!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
    I was just going to post that to make fun of Glan but he did all the work for me.
    Hey, look, Chicago sports guy is jelly of our new ballin' owner!

How cute.
    Find a new slant.

as i said,connery is my favorite bond, but he should have stopped after you only live twice. lazenby wasnt connery, but he did great in On her majesty's secret service. its perhaps my favorite bond. and the scene where the hellicopters reach the hideout and then the guitars start drumming has got to be the best bond moment ever, something that defined the franchise as much as anything.

i wish connery stopped ater YOLT, and then lazenby got another turn in diamonds are forever. DAF is one of my least favorite bonds, and connery's indifferent performance is one of the main reasons.

IN MEMORY OF BIG VINNY 1943 – 1979 “WHEN IN DOUBT KNOCK EM OUT”
    Blog Entries
    Lazenby is great, very underrated.

I'm reppin' Jesus Christ and Conservative views....

Quick piece by VINNY which was a logo style of his. VINNY also did two letter throw up's by the name of FI 2.

GO WHITE!

the spy who loved me is probably the best roger moore bond. its got a lot going for it.

probably the best intro where bond escapes skiing down the mountain then off a cliff and parachuting with the union jack was fantastic.

its got one of the best bond songs

thats used very well as a theme throughout the movie.

then theres agent xxx

who wasnt bad, obviously.

moore kept the cheese to a minimum, but i still wouldnt put it among the best bonds. good, but not great.

i love when people put bond plots under the microscope. you can watch a bond and completely ignore the plot and still enjoy the movie, probably more so than if you follow along. the plots are always razor thin and if you put the tiniest amount of critical thought on it it crumbles likes a house of cards.

the spy who loved me is a great example. what was stromberg gonna do after world war 3? it appeared as though agent xxx was going to be the only surviving female. not exactly alot to rebuild civilization with.

why did stromberg capture the 3rd sub when he only needed 2? he should have just gassed them all like he said he might. if he's gonna kill the whole world why not the sub crew as well?

not really nitpicking though. i think the crappy plots that wilt under the slightest of scrutinies is part of the charm of bond.

one thing i liked about live and let die was solitaire

the rest of the movie didnt do much for me. it seemed to be riffing off blackspoitation movies, and was of questionable taste. the whole premise of the movie - bad guy wants to corner heroine market, didnt seem worthy of bond.

NOT TO BE FUCKED WITH Uncle Mxy's Avatar
    The title song by Paul McCartney and George Martin was kickass, too.

Gotta love Jane Seymour in her prime...

+ Reply to Thread