+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9
1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: all things 007

all things 007

overlooked great bond: thunderball

living daylights is similarly overlooked, but dalton was too much of a nancy as bond.

diamonds are forever is the best bond song

but probably the worst bond movie.

ironically, it also had one of the hottest bond girls

who was also perhaps the worst actor /actress ever to be given a major role in a bond.

NOT TO BE FUCKED WITH Uncle Mxy's Avatar
    Bond's conversion of Pussy Galore is epic!

to me, ranking the bond actors, its connery and everyone else. everyone but connery has some flaw. moore was too campy, then too old. lazenby was too awkward looking. as mentioned, dalton was too much of a nancy (he put way too much effort into getting with the celloist in the living day lights. plowing these girls is supposed to be like clockwork for bond). craig isnt bad but i dont think he has the charm/ sauviness / sense of humor requisite for the role. brosnan was the least flawed after connery, but other than goldeneye his movies were pretty lame.

Blog Entries
    I'm not a fan of these movies for the most part, but I enjoyed some of the Roger Moore episodes. But campy is more my taste, I suppose.
    Find a new slant.

i dont mind some campiness, its fine for them to laugh at themselves a little. but i thought moore took the series too far in that direction.

howeva, i did enjoy the man with the golden gun and view to a kill, which are two bonds typically considered among the worst.

look at this caca water, it's disgusting!
    Quote Originally Posted by b-diddy View Post
    to me, ranking the bond actors, its connery and everyone else. everyone but connery has some flaw. moore was too campy, then too old. lazenby was too awkward looking. as mentioned, dalton was too much of a nancy (he put way too much effort into getting with the celloist in the living day lights. plowing these girls is supposed to be like clockwork for bond). craig isnt bad but i dont think he has the charm/ sauviness / sense of humor requisite for the role. brosnan was the least flawed after connery, but other than goldeneye his movies were pretty lame.
    I think the thing they're doing with Daniel Craig is pretty good. They're showing a young, unsophisticated, inexperienced Bond, before he learned the mackin' on hoes game.

people who i think could be the next bond... sort of get the sense craig only gets 3.

clooney

imo, he is perfect, aside from being a little old. i dont think the actor needs to be british.

dom west

his angle could be about MI6 always juking the stats. not sure if anyone outside of 'wire' fans would think this was a good idea

john rhys myers

i like what i've seen him in, and was mentioned as a candidate last time around. im sure it wouldnt make everyone happy, but to me, he'd be a lot better than a collin farrel or orlando bloom.

sam worthington

if they picked right now, i bet it'd be this guy.

john hamm

maybe they could do a period reboot and put bond back in the 60's. hamm could just use his don draper warddrobe.

jeremy renner

great actor not sure if he has the bond look though.

james pureforoy

he was great as marc antony in rome. i think he could be like a darker more menacing brosnan. light, but also dark.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by b-diddy View Post
    people who i think could be the next bond... sort of get the sense craig only gets 3.
    Find a new slant.

+ Reply to Thread