+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7
FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Rip to Cavs fell through (also, the genesis of the Rip/Kuester feud)

IN MEMORY OF BIG VINNY 1943 – 1979 “WHEN IN DOUBT KNOCK EM OUT”
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Glanny Ice View Post
    Yeah, it will be hard seeing him gravy train on a contender now. He'd be perfect for the Bulls, though.
    Put him on the Bulls in October and they could make the Finals. My stupid Chicago friends are so short-sighted...."We don't want your Detroit players!"....You don't want to go to the Finals? "Go fuck yourself!"

I'm reppin' Jesus Christ and Conservative views....

Quick piece by VINNY which was a logo style of his. VINNY also did two letter throw up's by the name of FI 2.

GO WHITE!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by TBeau View Post
    I give 1% credence to this post.
    Just because you're a mod doesn't mean we'll believe your BS Glan.

Quick piece by VINNY which was a logo style of his. VINNY also did two letter throw up's by the name of FI 2.

GO WHITE!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
    Put him on the Bulls in October and they could make the Finals. My stupid Chicago friends are so short-sighted...."We don't want your Detroit players!"....You don't want to go to the Finals? "Go fuck yourself!"
    Same ones that have been Blackhawk fans since June?

Blog Entries
    He'll need to agree to a buyout today if he wants to be playoff eligible elsewhere.

How does it work if you buy out a player that has additional years left on his deal?

I know that his salary would still count against our cap figure, but do we simply lose the ability to trade his expiring next year? (not that Joe would, LOL)
    Find a new slant.

Blog Entries
    Am I missing something? I keep hearing it said that he'd be an expiring next year but doesn't he have 2 more years left?

As far as I know, the salary or at least the proportionate amount of the buyout stays on the books each year until the contract was set to expire.

GO WHITE!

Blog Entries
    But that's not something that can be traded for an asset (again LOL), right?

So the Pistons lose flexibilty in that case, correct?
    Find a new slant.

Yes, the only thing a buyout does for the team is reduce the amount that hangs on the books for the length of the contract. It does not reduce the length of time the contract remains on the team salary.

Rip is on someone's salary cap till the 12/13 season no matter if he is bought out or not. That's why the deal was to trade him and then have the Cavs buy him out. If we buy him out, he's on our cap till 12/13 no matter the price he is bought out for.
    STEW BEEF!

They may have been more interested in the pick for RIP if it were a future one based on this year being a bad draft class. I assume the LA pick is this year (haven't seen anything besides "a first round pick" anywhere)?

I don't understand why RIP wouldn't do this (if the Cavs reportedly would, there is no point debating that end of things). Losing 6-7 mil means nothing when he'd get the security or a max MLE deal for years. If he sits here another two years and doesn't play (worst case scenario) then what is his value going to be? He's 33 right now. When his contract is up he'll be 35.5 (going into the 2013 season). He keeps in good shape, but his game is based on speed. He's not like Terry Mills standing at the 3 point line. Who's going to give that guy much money at that age and having sat for two years being a crybaby? The way it looks now, he'll be the next Spreewell. That guy refused to sign a 3 year $21 mil extension with Minny because he had his "family to feed" as we all know. After refusing that all he got was MLE offers which he said were beneath him. He ended up not even playing again because nobody would offer him more.
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

doesn't a player's contract come off the books if he's bought out AND signs with another team? I always thought that was the way it worked.
    k

Blog Entries
    I suppose I'd rather see us hold onto him until a) we get a new coach to see if he can get back into the rotation or b) until his contract reaches its last year so he can be an asset in a trade as an expiring deal (assuming the new owner believes in flipping expirings for new assets).
    Find a new slant.

+ Reply to Thread