+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7
FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Rip to Cavs fell through (also, the genesis of the Rip/Kuester feud)

Quote Originally Posted by Glanny Ice View Post
    1st round picks are being treated like liabilities this year, in some cases. Joe didn't want Caron Butler and a 1st for Tay because the 1st would require a guaranteed contract. Crazy.
    And this draft is considered the worst draft since 2000, which yielded 3 all star appearances. Not 3 all stars, 3 all star appearances.

I bet Monroe would easily be the #1 pick in this draft.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
    I find it hard to believe that this is the whole story. Regardless of Rip, it seems highly unlikely that the Cavs would be willing to pay $16M for a lottery protected future pick. Something is getting reported wrong here. Heck, they just essentially bought the Clippers pick for what, $6-$7M?
    The difference between Baron ($29m owed, guaranteed) and Williams (player options for $8.5m in each of the next two years, totalling $17m, at most) is $12m.

What I find hard to believe is that the Cavs would be willing to take on two of the worst contracts in the game, together (Baron and Rip). You almost have to think that the Rip deal fell apart once they got Baron. So yeah, there seems like there's more here.
    Find a new slant.

Having an awkward moment just to see how it feels.
    http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=6161438
    Rip you're killing yourself.
    If the Detroit Pistons are beyond frustrated with Richard Hamilton after his part in Friday's reported player boycott of practice, it's because he had a chance to no longer be coached by John Kuester -- the impetus for the boycott -- and didn't take it.

The Pistons had a deal arranged with the Cavaliers, league sources say, that would have sent Hamilton to Cleveland. The Pistons would have added a first-round pick to compensate the Cavaliers for taking Hamilton off their hands, and the Cavs could have absorbed Hamilton's contract with a $12 million trade exception.
    ^
    Stalked by a Mod who gives 1 percent credence.

IN MEMORY OF BIG VINNY 1943 – 1979 “WHEN IN DOUBT KNOCK EM OUT”
    Blog Entries
    The difference between Baron ($29m owed, guaranteed) and Williams (player options for $8.5m in each of the next two years, totalling $17m, at most) is $12m.

What I find hard to believe is that the Cavs would be willing to take on two of the worst contracts in the game, together (Baron and Rip). You almost have to think that the Rip deal fell apart once they got Baron. So yeah, there seems like there's more here.
    I have heard differing reports on the specifics of what will be saved (Some include Moon's salary next year, some claim baron's final year isn't completely guaranteed) but regardless, even if it is $12M, to pay $6M more for a lottery protected pick seems doubtful. Even though this year's draft may be thin, there is no guarantee for next year's either, and a certain current asset will always tend to be more valuable than an uncertain future one.

I'm reppin' Jesus Christ and Conservative views....

Quick piece by VINNY which was a logo style of his. VINNY also did two letter throw up's by the name of FI 2.

GO WHITE!

Blog Entries
    Read somewhere this morning that Rip's agent is going to be meeting with Pistons again to talk buyout before 3/1. Can't remember where I saw it now, though.
    Find a new slant.

IN MEMORY OF BIG VINNY 1943 – 1979 “WHEN IN DOUBT KNOCK EM OUT”
    Blog Entries
    Unless he's willing to give a substantial chunk back, fuck that. Make him sit at home.

I'm reppin' Jesus Christ and Conservative views....

Quick piece by VINNY which was a logo style of his. VINNY also did two letter throw up's by the name of FI 2.

GO WHITE!

I read that yesterday and it said, don't hold your breat or something to that effect. But we'll see.

Rip doesn't seem like the kind of guy to take a buyout if he loses 1 dollar of his contract. I remember him bitching about getting a tech in a game. Not that he got the tech, but "you just cost me 2 thousand dollars" He was pissed about that.

Hopefully it can be explained how he can be bought out and go sign another deal.
    Players meeting my ASS!

Blog Entries
    Yeah, it will be hard seeing him gravy train on a contender now. He'd be perfect for the Bulls, though.
    Find a new slant.

Blog Entries
    Read somewhere this morning that Rip's agent is going to be meeting with Pistons again to talk buyout before 3/1. Can't remember where I saw it now, though.
    I give 1% credence to this post.

Blog Entries
    He actually might be willing to take less now just to get out, you know he just wants to go somewhere and prove "everyone" wrong.

He'd be pretty attractive to a contender for that and other reasons (like the fact that he can still play).

^ :nh:
    Find a new slant.

+ Reply to Thread