+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7
FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Rip to Cavs fell through (also, the genesis of the Rip/Kuester feud)

Quote Originally Posted by geerussell View Post
    I'm shocked, shocked Rip wouldn't give back money for the privilege of playing extra minutes on an even shittier team.
    Ummm, he had the choice of playing on a bad team or giving back some money to play on the team of his choosing after a buyout. Where do you see that he would give back money in order to play on a shittier team?
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn
    I do so love a train wreck.
    Quote Originally Posted by MoTown
    People love train wrecks.

IN MEMORY OF BIG VINNY 1943 – 1979 “WHEN IN DOUBT KNOCK EM OUT”
    Blog Entries
    I find it hard to believe that this is the whole story. Regardless of Rip, it seems highly unlikely that the Cavs would be willing to pay $16M for a lottery protected future pick. Something is getting reported wrong here. Heck, they just essentially bought the Clippers pick for what, $6-$7M?

I'm reppin' Jesus Christ and Conservative views....

Quick piece by VINNY which was a logo style of his. VINNY also did two letter throw up's by the name of FI 2.

GO WHITE!

Rip needs to be banned from the team. no locker room, no bus and no bench.

Even if he wasn't a bad influence on the team it's clear he's not playing here. It makes absolutely no sense to have your staff and your facilities wasted on someone who is really just competition. If rip can use the treadmills, scout players in practice and have Arnie watch his physical condition then players on the bulls, celtics and magic might as well do the same thing. there's basically no difference.
    k

Blog Entries
    They took on Baron, Vinny. I assume that you've seen his contract.
    Find a new slant.

Having an awkward moment just to see how it feels.
    He's being bitter, and further more deciding that he should be torn off handsomely in exchange for moving on. I knew Rip had mild ego issues. I can't say expected him to be this damn delusional. Even if he wins his petty dispute, he's killing his money for the future and outright saying he doesnt believe he's that good enough anymore to warrant a solid contract.
    ^
    Stalked by a Mod who gives 1 percent credence.

Blog Entries
    I agree, Kool, and I've sort of been in Rip's corner through most of this. Get Rip, Tay and maybe even Tmac and Ben away from the young guys.
    Find a new slant.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Glanny Ice View Post
    They took on Baron, Vinny. I assume that you've seen his contract.
    Yeah, and that cost them $9M from what I read, over Mo Williams, and for a better (more certain at least) pick. And Baron is going to play for them, which can't be completely discounted.

$16-$18M for a future lottery protected pick from us? I have my doubts. I'm sure something along those lines was proposed, but there's something missing from this story...and we'll probably never know.

Quick piece by VINNY which was a logo style of his. VINNY also did two letter throw up's by the name of FI 2.

GO WHITE!

Having an awkward moment just to see how it feels.
    I think he didn't expect Joe D to rat him out on his refusing to go back in when he built up such sympathy for his plight. And I'm sure Kuester saw it as a chance to run him harder. Problem is neither Kuester or Rip is an easy cut and they know it. How do they play war of wills at that original moment of issue? Hate it from Rip because he is a vet who made his career here, and for Kuester because head coaching is exactly about making dysfunctional situations work. Triangle offense be damned Phil Jackson was brought back because he's one of the few Head Coaches who can operate in spite of Kobe's tantrums. Even has Artest and Kobe on his team and doesn't break a sweat.
    ^
    Stalked by a Mod who gives 1 percent credence.

Blog Entries
    I mean, Phoenix used to sell their picks for what, $2m? Granted lower picks but still...no way they're going for 8 times that in this economy no matter how desperate Gilbert is....

GO WHITE!

Blog Entries
    1st round picks are being treated like liabilities this year, in some cases. Joe didn't want Caron Butler and a 1st for Tay because the 1st would require a guaranteed contract. Crazy.
    Find a new slant.

+ Reply to Thread