+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3
FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: TRADE: Deron Williams to NJ

NOT TO BE FUCKED WITH Uncle Mxy's Avatar
    Would you have traded Stuckey, Monroe, and 2 1sts for Deron?

I don't get this deal for NJ. Is Favors and 2 firsts (including their own unprotected this year) worth the difference between Harris and Williams? Seems like they could have gotten a lot more or gave up less.

How are they going to make Williams happy? They'll have about 38-42 mil in payroll (depending on whether they keep Wright). That could get them a David West type player, but then is Williams/West/Lopez and better than Paul/West/Okefor?

Jazz are still over the tax level and going nowhere. I mentioned offering Stuckey and Daye for Favors but they probably want to shed Memo's salary.
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Mxy View Post
    Not without an extension. He wouldn't have stayed to play with BG and a bunch of role players.
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

Blog Entries
    PROKHOROV, lol

Side note: 9 of the 12 gold medalists from 2008 are in the EC.

Blog Entries
    Didn't he have a twitter? If so, it's gone now. lol

This is an absolute steal for the Jazz. As good as Williams is, there was a reasonable chance that he would leave after next season. The Jazz got a reasonable substitute in Harris PLUS a future 1st (2012) PLUS a rookie who was a lottery pick and has a ton of value PLUS the Nets 1st round pick this year (Lottery for sure, likely top 5) PLUS $3 mil in cash. It's a great deal for the Jazz and if the Nets can't extend Williams, a really expensive rental for them.

I understand the need for NJ to do something, anything major since they struck out in free agency and on Melo but this is what they come up with?

Deron Williams is pretty fucking awesome but is he better for the franchise than Harris, Favors and 2 first rounders? And one of those picks will be very high in the Lotto!

The big Russian rains on the Melo/Knick parade - but the cost of doing it IMO was a little high.

Good job by the Jazz though - it will be interesting to see how that PF/C rotation shakes out...
    Rise like Lions after slumber,
    In unvanquishable number -
    Shake your chains to earth like dew
    Which in sleep had fallen on you -
    Ye are many - they are few.

Having an awkward moment just to see how it feels.
    Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Mxy View Post
    Too much imo. Especially after his attitude was enough to end Jerry Sloan even. I think it'll come out more in his time with NJ. Bad deal on NJ's part. But they must have extremely high hopes for Deron.
    ^
    Stalked by a Mod who gives 1 percent credence.

Having an awkward moment just to see how it feels.
    Can we trade Jason Maxiell to the Flint Tropics for a Wash Machine?
    ^
    Stalked by a Mod who gives 1 percent credence.

+ Reply to Thread