View Poll Results: Should Joe keep his job?

Voters
13. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes.

2 15.38%
  • Yes, but he should be on a very short leash.

3 23.08%
  • No, it's time to go.

8 61.54%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 22
FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast

Thread: Dumars: Should he stay or go?

Having an awkward moment just to see how it feels.
    I remember the days when Affalo was mediocre to people in here. He became a valuable asset almost around the same time he was traded.
    ^
    Stalked by a Mod who gives 1 percent credence.

Blog Entries
    I honestly disliked him for much of his tenure here. He made huge strides at the end of his tenure and I remember posting about how wrong I was about his value. And then Joe gave him away.

And your notion that people were telling Joe to force Stuckey into a major role is lol stupid. Stuckey was/is Joe's pet project. And you're a blatant apologist.
    Find a new slant.

Having an awkward moment just to see how it feels.
    Quote Originally Posted by Glanny Ice View Post

And your notion that people were telling Joe to force Stuckey into a major role is lol stupid. Stuckey was/is Joe's pet project. And you're a blatant apologist.
    Are you skipping that general point on purpose or are you just that petty?
    ^
    Stalked by a Mod who gives 1 percent credence.

Blog Entries
    You had a point?
    Find a new slant.

I was especially pissed off when Joe gave away Afflalo. The guy was our best defensive guard, averaged 13-14 ppg when starting (Rip was hurt), was a great FT shooter (took many of the Tech. FTs) and was particularly poised as a rookie hitting several clutch shots.

Keep in mind that Joe also gave away Amir. Amir never got serious PT and Joe could have traded him when he had good (or even very good) trade value. Instead, Amir sat on the bench and Joe gave him away for an expiring.

Amir got time. He couldn't stay on the floor.
    STEW BEEF!

Amir barely got time. He played a whole 11 games his first two years. His 3rd and 4th years he played in 62 games with 12.3 and 14.7 minutes. His development was not managed well at all and then we gave him away for nothing. At one time he was a big time prospect and has good trade value. The fact that we gave him away for an expiring is just stupid, especially seeing what Toronto was willing to give him in FA. It was a bad job by Joe (AGAIN) all the way around.

IIRC, Amir was having trouble staying on the floor with a per-48 foul rate of about 850.

Any time you trade young, cheap talent for nothing it's a bad deal.

The Afflalo trade just highlights how fucking stupid Joe and his boys are/were - we had all that cap space, those 4 draft picks to get some bigs.

With Tay, Rip, Stuckey, Bynum and Afflalo already under contract!

Logic tells you that you need to get big men - not just any fucking talent you can find.

Why did we need to trade Afflalo? We didn't - he was cheap, had some potential and had a good work ethic...

I ranted on it at the time - they had all those picks and all that cap space and didn't land any legit big!

That's poor management.

It's poor management to pass on DaJuan Blair in the second round - we're talking a non-guaranteed contract here.

I've ranted on our Draft history often. Other people have ranted on the coaching hires.

Consider our inability to Draft well or acquire younger talent during our days as a contender, combine it with the coaching changes over the last 5 seasons, add in the fact Detroit is not a desired destination for free agents AND then throw in the death of our owner...

It's a clusterfruck!

And if Joe was not such a legend everyone would be calling for his fucking head.
    Rise like Lions after slumber,
    In unvanquishable number -
    Shake your chains to earth like dew
    Which in sleep had fallen on you -
    Ye are many - they are few.

No one said Joe was good at developing guys, but playing most of two seasons while starting 25 games one year is "serious PT". Particularly the last year he was here they clearly wanted the kid to shine and gave him the playing time to do so.
    STEW BEEF!

+ Reply to Thread