View Poll Results: Should Joe keep his job?

Voters
13. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes.

2 15.38%
  • Yes, but he should be on a very short leash.

3 23.08%
  • No, it's time to go.

8 61.54%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 22 of 22
FirstFirst ... 12 20 21 22

Thread: Dumars: Should he stay or go?

NOT TO BE FUCKED WITH Uncle Mxy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Glanville View Post
    mmm... butter cheese crust
    double butter cheese crust

Seriously, this is great news. I actually like Howie's pizza, which is more than I can say for Domino's cardboard.

Quote Originally Posted by lospistones View Post
    I'd give Joe one year to get a coach that will run whatever lineup he envisioned that would give all of Gordon, Hamilton, and Villanueva minutes, while committing to the youth that Dumars has drafted. It could be this:
    24 Stuckey/ 24 Bynum...White
    32 Gordon/8 Hamilton/8 Stuckey
    20 Hamilton/20 Daye/8 Jerebko
    24 Jerebko/24 Villanueva/Monroe...Maxiell
    32 Monroe/16 ROOKIE or Wallace
    That's a 10 man rotation out of a 12 man active roster. If we wanted to go with nine men, depending on the day, the rookie or Big Ben wouldn't play.
    Updated to include my theoretical minute breakdown.
    Provided it's reasonable for Hamilton to play less than half of the game at SF, we could be pretty competitive next season. Gordon and Hamilton would get their starters' minutes (and improve their trade values), and for a quarter a game Stuckey could be the man and chuck to his heart's content from the SG position. Daye will get the 20mpg he received last year, but will have to improve both his tangible and intangible game to get more minutes. Villanueva will get minutes near his career average, and will have to motivate himself to play better defensively and on the boards to get more PF minutes or perhaps some at C in small lineups.

We would then of course take BPA with our second round picks, hopefully a PG and SF.
    Last edited by lospistones; 05-25-2011 at 06:24 PM.

Blog Entries

Not only has Gores given strong support to Dumars, but he's also not pressuring Dumars to take shortcuts. Dumars will have the green light to build the team the right way in the next three years.
    Find a new slant.

Gordon, Villa, RIP,Stuckey-who needs defense anyway?
    three years damn, thats like forever in pro sports, lucky guy

i hope they bring in a least some new assistant GM, some fresh blood, a guy who could help DUmars bargaining with agents etc., he almost always overpays, thats one of his biggest faults

Great, now we are going to absolutely suck for the next 5+ years. Too bad i'm not really a big fan of any other teams. It gets harder to be a Pistons fan when i hear this sh$t.

Blog Entries
    Pistons give Dumars three years to fix team

Yahoo quoting Mlive quoting ESPN

Gotta love "new media".
    Find a new slant.

Gotta love it when they all jump on an erroneous report and none of the three "sources" retract the article or apologize otherwise for it.

Blog Entries
    Joe Dumars hasn’t made a bad move in more than two years

So this is what it has come to, lol.
    Find a new slant.

Quote Originally Posted by Glan View Post
    So after Joe makes a shitload of bad decisions and then our losing is rationalized because Joe's hands were tied, we have to see some BS puff piece on how Joe hasn't screwed up lately?? His hands were tied you effing moron. Oh and Joe did screw up....repeatedly in:

How he handled Rip

How he handled the "mutiny"

Not trading Tay for Butler and a 1st (which i'm sure he could have sold to mgt.)

F%#king ridiculous.

+ Reply to Thread