+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2
1 2 LastLast

Thread: Indeed

Indeed

Well, what a basketball season. Suffice it to say that I am utterly disgusted by the team. However, not only the team, but Izzo. This is essentially the same team that made it to the Final Four last year, so the talent is certainly there to not be beat on the ass with a piece of Hot Wheels track by everybody. Also, this team, supposedly,was one of the tightest groups with the best team chemistry in years. At least better than last year due to that pot-head/leg humper Chris Allen. Well, guess not. Throw the the players with IQs ranging from 98 to 103 under the bus all you want Izzo, this boils down to you. I want my $500,000 back.
    www.university.com

Blog Entries
    Welcome back. What have you been up to?
    Find a new slant.

Busy with work. NSF phase II SBIR grant was due at the end of January. And, applying and interviewing for jobs. I want to work for a big company with stability and resources again.
    www.university.com

here you go:

http://www.mcdonalds.com/us/en/careers.html

you set them up; i knock them down.

I've watched more State games this year than most previous years and there's something I noticed - tell me if this is new or simply new to me.

In previous years I seem to remember Izzo calling out things to his players during the games, drawing up plays during timeouts, and occasionally having discussions with refs about the tone of the game.
    This year it seems like he spends more time whining to the refs than anything else. Seriously, far more whiny faces than I've ever seen out of him. Is it that bad for him that he's given in to using officiating as a potential excuse? Then, when he's not doing that he seems like he's to frustrated with what's happening to actually coach. Instead of drawing up plays and strategizing it seems he's throwing up his hands and simply telling the team they should be better.
    Is it just me, or is he not truly coaching as much? If so, it would seem the blame should come right back to him as well. Maybe he's burnt out from previous years when it was the "best coaching job" of his career. You can't always coach Summers from sucky bust to respectable developed talent, but you can do better than whine.
    We had subs. It was crazy.

So he's become Flip Saunders?
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

Quote Originally Posted by Jethro34 View Post
    I've watched more State games this year than most previous years and there's something I noticed - tell me if this is new or simply new to me.

In previous years I seem to remember Izzo calling out things to his players during the games, drawing up plays during timeouts, and occasionally having discussions with refs about the tone of the game.
    This year it seems like he spends more time whining to the refs than anything else. Seriously, far more whiny faces than I've ever seen out of him. Is it that bad for him that he's given in to using officiating as a potential excuse? Then, when he's not doing that he seems like he's to frustrated with what's happening to actually coach. Instead of drawing up plays and strategizing it seems he's throwing up his hands and simply telling the team they should be better.
    Is it just me, or is he not truly coaching as much? If so, it would seem the blame should come right back to him as well. Maybe he's burnt out from previous years when it was the "best coaching job" of his career. You can't always coach Summers from sucky bust to respectable developed talent, but you can do better than whine.
    Jethro, I agree. I think that whole Cavs thing last year really soiled Izzo and the MSU basketball program. I think its a combination of Izzo being burned out, ego and the Izzo "God Machine" in East Lansing. Izzo has been made into a bigger than life character that an entire state should show fealty to. Wrong. MSU has created a monster. With the exit of Summers and Lucas at the end of this season, I would be very happy to see Izzo going with them. MSU needs new blood and energy. Izzo has made MSU a premier college basketball job, he just isn't doing it any more.
    www.university.com

And yet 5 star kids still commit. At this point, as someone who would like to see UM become the better program, I'm not sure if I want Izzo there or not.

One failed year and "he isn't doing it anymore"?

Went to the Final Four last year. Was he "doing it" then?
    STEW BEEF!

I think it's less about the "failure" and more about how it has happened. 4 star seniors being called out by fat dudes who themselves were previously away from the team, 5 star bigs who seem to be constant injury excuses, multiple guys being booted from the team, and whine-a-palooza. It all adds up for a head scratcher, making one wonder if "the fire still burns".

+ Reply to Thread