+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2
1 2 LastLast

Thread: Be prepared for these trade ideas...

Be prepared for these trade ideas...

They are trades the other team would actually consider.

Stuckey and top 3 protected first for Kevin Love.
    I love this trade since we would have a very young, cheap, and very restricted front court, and the possibility of keeping our pick this year.

Tmac and a second to the lakers for their first round pick and $2 mill cash.
    We get cash and a pick for someone we won't use anyway

Tayshaun to Dallas for Caron Butler and a first round pick.
    we notch another pick swapping expirings. Butler won't stay anyway most likely. This is only assuming Butler is out for the season.

Yes we will keep Rip, but we would have the cap room and assets to move him in the offseason.

Any chance that we could have a great front court and still have our chance at a lotto star is worth it.

Blog Entries
    I like the first one, but the TWolves have too many guards as it is, especially with Rubio coming over.

If we can sweeten it some to get Rubio, Flynn or Ridnour (not really interested in Telfair, sorry DocTre).

I've had a mancrush on K.Love for a long time, but I'm not totally sure about a Love/Monroe tandem, TBH.
    Find a new slant.

2nd and 3rd are fine, especially considering that in reality we are just going to be letting those guys walk.
    STEW BEEF!

Even if we couldn't retain butler, if we happened to jump in the lotto, we could sport a roster with love, Monroe, jj, bg, and a PG. Gordon would be welcome to chuck the he'll out of it with all that rebounding.

I support any idea that brings us a future first round pick for someone that is not in our long term plans...

Ideally we'd deal Rip for a bloated 2 year deal... then dump Stuckey, McGrady, Tay, Maxiell and Wilcox for picks and various 2 year deals....

then we'd have future picks and cap space available to rebuild with...

but Joe has been through this before when we had all those picks (Daye, Jonas, Summers, Budinger) and $18 mil in cap space
    Rise like Lions after slumber,
    In unvanquishable number -
    Shake your chains to earth like dew
    Which in sleep had fallen on you -
    Ye are many - they are few.

Blog Entries
    ^ you and I are on the same page, as usual.
    Find a new slant.

I am truly not in favor giving away a pick, but the chance to get love, who likely a better center than we will get in the draft. Love and Monroe are what you would need to make BG more effective. Big picks, big rebounding.

To get Love I'd fucking give them any combo they wanted as long as it didn't include Monroe, Jerebko or McGrady.

Anyone else? I wouldn't say no if Minny asked - Love is a damn good big man.

P, I am surprised that you list Tmac in there. I agree he has been our best player this year, but don't you think we are talking about a guy who is at best has a 30% chance of staying, is an aging vet who will be looking for at least the mle, and is an injury risk?

I want good young bigs who will be rfa's when their contracts are up.

You're preaching to the choir about McGrady but even I have to admit we suck monkey spunk without him.

IF I had a choice I wouldn't trade him - he has value on the floor.

And I'm saying this as someone who does not want him to have a big role on this squad... but he's earned it.

Through this clusterfuck of a season he, along with Monroe has been a bright spot... maybe they stand out cause everyone else has been shit but those 2 (and Tayshaun to a lesser extent) have been outstanding. I'd love to see them play together again next season

+ Reply to Thread