+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 9
FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: i like this michigan basketball team II

I think it's nutty that Lunardi has MSU among his "first four out" and PSU among his "next four out" in his Feb 7 Bracketology. Nevermind they are 13-10 and 12-10 respectively, and neither team has beaten UM this year in a total of 3 games. Yet UM gets no love.
    Between those two schools, playing tonight, I think he bumps the winner into the dance and the loser is essentially done. Both of them still have games against OSU left, while MSU still has Purdue and PSU has to go to Kohl against Wisconsin. Wisconsin has lost twice at Kohl in the past 24 months.

Meanwhile, I agree that UM has to feel like they could win any and all of their remaining games, but they have to still play each one as well. Indiana kicked their butt in Indiana and has been playing better than their record, but they still have weaknesses. Illinois is at 5-5 in the Big Ten so they're not unbeatable, but size has been a factor in this game ever since Tisdale and Davis arrived in Champaign. They took care of Iowa at home, but Iowa has scared some other teams and UM hasn't been awesome on the road. Wisconsin handled UM at Kohl, but UM should believe they can surprise them at home. They played Minnesota close, and obviously they beat MSU in EL.
    So it's scary, because finishing 0-6 and finishing 6-0 are both still possible. One puts them squarely into the tourney, the other misses the NIT. The Big Ten tourney is a final shot to show something as well, but it would be nice if they could earn a spot first and add at least another win in the Big Ten tourney, if not more. They have played different teams well enough that they could even shock the world and take that tourney. The only team in the league that I think is unbeatable for UM is Purdue. The Boilermakers just match up way too well and have too much size, talent, and experience for UM to play with.
    We had subs. It was crazy.

not crazy about the play in the second half, but another good showing today. we played well enough to blow indiana out, instead it looks like we'll win a closer one.

im already getting pumped for wed. game @IL. to me that game UM is playin with house money. not a must win, nor a game michigan will be favored.

howeva, thats a huge trap game for IL, who's season has gone to hell. they just had a big win @minny, tomorrow they purdue, and the game after michigan is MSU. the UM game is a huge trap game for them.

bold prediction: if UM wins @IL and @Iowa this week, they will recieve atleast one vote in the AP top 25 poll.

while i was writing that UM went back into ass kicking mode. hardaway with a career high 25, eying 30.

Yes, some rough stretches but otherwise a nice little dominating performance in general. This game, from the very beginning, was never really close. UM had close to a double digit lead almost the whole time.
    We had subs. It was crazy.

back to bad play, leaving the door a crack open.

like i said earlier in the thread, i like smosrycz, but kid is lost right now. he has brutal body language and just seems like he's in a fog. his talent is obvious, and i believe he's the highest rated michigan recruit since probably jamal crawford (am i wrong here?). i could see him taking a big step next year. just wish he'd snap out of it this year.

Blog Entries
    IU making it at least a little interesting.

this is brutal. if michigan gave away this game i might cry.

Blog Entries
    ^ OT: I do a pretty good Dickie V impression.

Blog Entries
    God awful display at the FT line. So bad.

Quote Originally Posted by TBeau View Post
    ^ OT: I do a pretty good Dickie V impression.
    is it very funny?

+ Reply to Thread