+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2
1 2 LastLast

Thread: DET/MEM/LAC

Blog Entries

DET/MEM/LAC

Just put this one together.

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMa...radeId=4o98j97

The Clippers move Kaman out (a goal of theirs) upgrade at SF (another goal) with a hometown guy (tickets). They are known to be interested in Mayo.

The Grizzlies get something for Zach, whom they currently risk losing for nothing, rid themselves of their Mayo problem, get an established scorer in Rip and a replacement big on an expiring deal (Wilcox).

The Pistons take care of their Rip problem, get something for Tay (Zach's Bird rights) as opposed to letting him walk, and a project big man.

Hollinger doesn't like it, but who says no?
    Find a new slant.

Blog Entries
    Clippers
    Jordan
    Griffin
    Tay
    Mayo
    Baron

Grizzlies
    Kaman
    Gasol (assuming he can play PF, if not Arthur can start at PF and Kaman can come off the bench)
    Gay
    Rip
    Conley

Pistons
    Monroe
    Zach
    Daye
    Gordon
    TMac
    Find a new slant.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by lospistones View Post
    I think Prince/Mayo>Kaman.
    Based on just talent, yes, but the Clippers are using their cap room to absorb salary.
    Find a new slant.

Blog Entries
    I think Prince/Mayo>Kaman.
    So who says no?
    Find a new slant.

If we were to move Stuckey, LAC would actually be a place I'd look at. Stuckey/Gordon/Foye could be a decent three guard rotation if they moved Davis. Gordon's a sharpshooter and Foye's a point that is primarily a jumpshooter, and Gordon and Stuckey are very athletic while Foye is "smooth". They'd have to move Baron, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Glanny Ice View Post
    So who says no?
    I think the Grizzlies. They have a cheap ass owner who tried to screw Xavier Henry out of his rookie deal. I'm not sure they take on Rip/Kaman for a cheap young prospect, even if he's had a turbulent time with them, and an expiring all-star in Randolph.
    Maybe it'd catapult them into the playoffs (they are 9th, and Portland is declining), but Rip's gotta deal with not playing for the past few games and Kaman's been out, too. So not only are they familiarizing themselves with a new team, but they are getting back into the swing of things in general.

Blog Entries
    I think the Grizzlies. They have a cheap ass owner who tried to screw Xavier Henry out of his rookie deal. I'm not sure they take on Rip/Kaman for a cheap young prospect, even if he's had a turbulent time with them, and an expiring all-star in Randolph.
    Maybe it'd catapult them into the playoffs (they are 9th, and Portland is declining), but Rip's gotta deal with not playing for the past few games and Kaman's been out, too. So not only are they familiarizing themselves with a new team, but they are getting back into the swing of things in general.
    Is it anything that cash or picks wouldn't fix?
    Find a new slant.

I wouldn't want to even give up a future first because we packaged Rip with our two biggest expirings. That should be enough incentive to get rid of him. and we save money on the deal but we both know we aren't going to throw in 3 million without a resolved ownership situation.
    Maybe LAC owes a first to Memphis? Future?

Blog Entries
    That's what I meant, sorry. A pick or cash from LAC to Memphis.
    Find a new slant.

+ Reply to Thread