+ Reply to Thread
Page 23 of 35
FirstFirst ... 13 21 22 23 24 25 33 ... LastLast

Thread: 2011 NBA Draft

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by lospistones View Post
    Think Joe, THINK. SG and PF are NOT needs.
    One could make a good case that our only true need is "better players".

If I trusted the Pistons/Joe's talent evaluations more, I wouldn't care what position a draftee played (It's irrelevant, right, Joe?) if he's the best player available. Having some faith that he'd suddenly figure out how to effectively balance a roster would also provide some comfort.
    Find a new slant.

Yeah, we can draft any spot and I won't bitch. I guess "combo guard" would be a bit much, but hell, it's not like I'm in love with any of those guys.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Glanville View Post
    (It's irrelevant, right, Joe?)
    I swung and missed there. "Antiquated" is what I was looking for.
    Find a new slant.

Quote Originally Posted by Glanville View Post
    One could make a good case that our only true need is "better players".

If I trusted the Pistons/Joe's talent evaluations more, I wouldn't care what position a draftee played (It's irrelevant, right, Joe?) if he's the best player available. Having some faith that he'd suddenly figure out how to effectively balance a roster would also provide some comfort.
    We had the fewest blocked shots in the league last year at only 4 a game and also grabbed the fewest rebounds at 38.62. Ideally, the best pick available is the guy who directly contributes to areas in which we are deficient, immediately, and who also has long-term potential.
    Apparently Joe has a top 4 of Kemba, Thompson, Vesely, and Biyombo. I can't see Kemba Walker or Tristan Thompson starting in this league (including on our team), or Jan Vesely even beating out a healthy Jerebko. If any of those three are available and Joe wants them, fine by me, just make sure it's after doing some work and trading back into the draft after taking Biyombo at #8, as I bet a lot of GMs would be willing to trade out of 2011 for a 2012 equivalent pick.

I would love to trade out of 2011 for a 2012 pick. Not the inverse. Next years draft looks great.

Fuck it. Looks like we're going with one of the Morris twins, Kemba, or Vesely. Neither Biyombo or Thompson-who I don't want anyway-were invited to the green room for the draft.

Blog Entries
    a Morris twin was my early call, will stick with it
    Find a new slant.

This is the first year I'm actually hoping Joe reaches for somebody.

he may be a 'reach' according to most, but i would totally take markieff morris at #8. i want him over most of the guys who are being mentioned as our targets. he reminds me a bit of al horford and a bit antonio davis. he needs more offensive 'polish' but i think he's very much underrated. he has the skill set we need and is a tough SOB. he's a solid rebounder and defensive player. he's also a workhorse and i think he'll improve his offensive game even more as a pro.

his body and game are still growing and he's a perfect fit next to monroe IMO.

I know I'm being fucking obnoxious about this, but it's not just about who complements Monroe. Two post players won't play 48 minutes apiece. The entire ensemble is important, and between Monroe/Biyombo/Villanueva/Jerebko, we'd have everything you'd want; in the rotation we would have a defensive anchor, a stretch four, a playmaking/focal point, and a utility/garbage man.
    We don't need a prime Rasheed Wallace type, but rather a Theo Ratliff.
    Last edited by lospistones; 06-19-2011 at 02:29 AM.

+ Reply to Thread